Paid Social Media Manager
- 2-4 Park Square, Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We are seeking an experienced Paid Social Media Manager to join our team!
The ideal candidate will have experience in Paid Social (in house or agency). They should thrive in a busy, constantly evolving environment and be passionate about learning and proactive by nature.
The Paid Social Media Manager is responsible for developing our paid strategy, implementation of key campaigns and building paid social processes for the wider department. They will work closely with our organic social leads to ensure synergy between our paid & organic social channels.
This role will sit within the Researcher Services Social Media Team and will report to the Senior Social Media Manager. The role is open to candidates in both the UK and USA.
- Acting as a lead for the global paid social strategy. This includes; acting as the internal lead for various advertising products, working with platform account managers on development plans across FB, LI and Twitter, making recommendations for the use of alternative platforms
- Development of effectiveness reports across platforms tied to ROI
- Owner of relevant internal processes and management of ad accounts incl. set up
- Ownership of top level reporting process and development of SOPs as required
- Implementation of paid social for key campaigns, working with internal teams and agencies as required
- Managing relationships between the company and leads from the social platforms
- Feeding back best practice and supporting development in paid social across the wider marketing department
- Professional experience in strategy development and implementation of paid social campaigns; specifically via LinkedIn, Facebook Ads manager and Twitter
- Interest in social media advertising trends and experience in creating performance-oriented campaigns
- Strong analytical, structured and conceptual thinking skills - an understanding of how to track the success of paid campaigns tied to ROI
- Very good understanding and anticipation of customer needs
- Inventiveness and creativity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- A high level of personal initiative, commitment and organizational skills
- Experience in working with and managing external agencies
What we offer in return
- Salary of £45k to £58k (dependent on experience)
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 additional discretionary days leave for Christmas
- 4 paid volunteering days annually
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
Please note this is based from home in the UK.
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom. This role is open to candidates in all locations across the UK. T&F has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the office, at home or somewhere in between.
Closing date for applications: 26th January 2022
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.