Events Operations Executive
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa Connect, has a clear vision and focus, delivering premium, leader events globally serving the audience needs whilst exceeding their expectations. We are very clear on our strategy, delivering digitally enhanced customer centric events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Executive to join the Global Finance division at Informa Connect.
The role will report directly to the Head of Operations, UK, Global Finance. The position of Operations Executive is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within the corporate environment and work on this busy productive operations team, delivering premium events.
The key areas for this role are:
- Lead on the operations management for an array of events within the vertical, along with support from the wider Global Finance operations team. The environment is busy and challenging and you have to be able to work on multiple projects ensuring consistency in delivery.
- Work closely with the wider GF project teams, project managing the delivery of the events from beginning to end with the operations management team, developing and creating new innovative products that will enhance the customer experience at GF events.
The position is best-suited to a creative, self-motivated, meticulous and confident individual who is ready to step-up to the challenge, happy to work individually and as part of a team, and who is willing to fully immerse themselves in the events community, along with being comfortable with frequent global travel throughout the year.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in event operations in the B2B or B2C space delivering international conferences and exhibitions.
- Previously worked closely with product, marketing, commercial, sales and finance departments.
- Experience in working on international conferences and exhibitions
- Experience in working with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to flex as appropriate and build strong relationships
- Ambitious, energetic, positive and inquisitive constantly looking for the upside and ways of making things better
- Ideas generated, able to bring ideas to the table with confidence and deliver them through.
- Charismatic and passionate, able to inspire the team and your peers
- Determined and driven
- Naturally operate within the values of the organization acting with integrity in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Proactively manage all aspects of the event, someone who is happy getting their hands dirty and takes time to listen to stakeholders.
Why work for Informa?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training for development
- Pension match and a range of other entirely flexible benefits to suit your needs
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder!
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.