- 11 Queens Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge, and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
T&F Australasia is looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our Journals Sales team. This role is responsible for achieving annual territory sales targets through consultative account management for library accounts across the Tertiary Education, Government and Healthcare sectors.
Please submit your application before advert. closing date: 11th February 2022
What you’ll be doing:
Your job responsibilities may include the following but not limited to:
- Achieve and exceed annual territory sales targets, contributing to the overall revenue and profit objectives of the eBooks division
- Plan, schedule and carry out regular sales visits/meetings (as COVID restrictions allow) to customers to achieve financial targets within own sales region across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities
- Cultivate strong, holistic relationships with the customer base, working to ensure that trading with each account is sustainable, profitable, and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction
- Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F’s coverage of the territory
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experiences of working in a sales environment preferred
- Degree Level or equivalent professional qualification
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry or library experience would be an advantage
- Competent user of core MS Office, and familiar with CRM databases
- Basic knowledge of copyright desirable
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively
- Consultative sales skills and a customer focused approach
- Willingness to travel on territory and to conferences as required by the company (subject to COVID-restrictions and policy)
- A clear communicator who is comfortable communicating in writing and verbally, with excellent grammar and spelling
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in Australia
- This role is open to candidates in all areas across Australia. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.