Marketing Manager - Aviation Week
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Aviation Week Network has been hailed as the top source for aerospace and defense news and intelligence for more than 100 years. The Aviation Week Network sustains that leadership with a global editorial team that has the access to the right sources and the ability to “connect the dots.” The network includes the flagship Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine, the Aviation Week Intelligence Network and numerous industry brands such as Aerospace Daily & Defense Report, Aviation Daily, Air Transport World, Business & Commercial Aviation, Inside MRO and more.
Aviation Week Network is a part of Informa, a global publishing, business intelligence and events group dedicated to connecting businesses and professionals with the knowledge they need to learn more, know more and do more. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 10,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The Marketing Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for marketing and aviation/aerospace. This role is key in the delivery and success of marketing initiatives and campaigns that generate brand awareness and drive revenue for our portfolio of flagship live and digital B2B aviation, aerospace & defense events.
This role is focused on acquisition and engagement of existing and new customers. The ideal candidate excels at visual and written storytelling, and has experience in cross-team collaboration, critical thinking, project management, strategic planning, and hands-on campaign execution.
The Marketing Manager’s duties will vary day-to-day, but their main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project management, overseeing and executing digital marketing campaigns, creating sales and sponsorship materials to nurture retention and net new customers, as well as managing and developing copy writing, design, and creation of marketing emails and websites.
Our team is primarily located in New York City, NY and London, UK, however, we offer a flexible and remote work environment for all employees.
Role Accountability and Duties:
• Write creative, impactful, conversion-optimized marketing copy for a variety of purposes, platforms, and channels
• Support the development and end-to-end execution of year-round marketing strategies and plans, aligned to overall portfolio business goals and objectives.
• Manage email and digital campaign calendar as well as pacing, reporting, surveying, and analytics for all campaigns and events.
• Oversee and execute the creation of marketing materials from concept to delivery and distribution; project manage internal team resources and external vendors (as needed) to deliver material within the marketing timeline.
• Oversee and execute integrated marketing, communications, and lead generation campaigns through digital advertising, paid media and media partnerships, email, social media, and other tactics.
• Ensure consistent use of established branding, core value proposition messaging, imagery, and positioning across internal and external marketing materials, graphics, communications, and more.
• Provide budgetary support including billing, coding of invoices, reconciliation, purchase order creation, and tracking.
• Assist with onsite support during events including brand, manufacturer, sponsor, and retailer testimonial collection, exhibitor registration support, first-time exhibitor support, and VIP programs.
• Interpret and analyze marketing campaign results and data; develop recommended strategies, timelines, and tactics to further optimize marketing spend and campaign ROI.
• Coach and develop other junior team members to ensure execution of tactical marketing plans, deliverables, and responsibilities
• Actively contribute creative ideas for new campaign initiatives based on past campaign performance, current trends, and understanding of marketing and business objective
• 5 years proven work experience within the marketing space
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
• An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience creating and executing email campaigns and paid digital marketing campaigns
• Goal-oriented, self-motivated and adapts to changing situations and requirements
• Interest and understanding of fashion and retail industries
• Project management experience
• A keen eye for creating visually engaging emails, digital campaigns, and webpages
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and create reports used to provide insight to key stakeholders
• Proficiency in email and web creation platforms, experience working with Eloqua is a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience using Salesforce and Eloqua is a plus
• Graphic design skills and proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred
• Light travel throughout the year is required to provide on-site support during live fashion trade events
• Work with marketing designers and editorial directors to ensure timely delivery of materials and content
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa Markets is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.