Product Manager, Strategy
- 2, 3 & 4 Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We are significantly expanding our Product team and have exciting opportunities for three Product Managers to join our growing Product Strategy team.
These Product Managers will be responsible for defining their own product roadmaps to ensure maximum value is delivered to our customers. They will identify and prioritize enhancements, new products and services that will deliver significant, demonstrable benefits to our customers’ changing needs.
Closing date: January 28, 2022
- Working with a team to Identify, develop and implement future growth opportunities through the existing business and via new business opportunities
- Acquiring and evaluating information about industry and market trends, competitive threats and potential business opportunities
- Supporting in defining the strategic direction of the business over a rolling 5-year period
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop customer focused products and services.
- Working with the Business Units and Leadership teams to ensure the solutions are truly co-developed and owned at a local level
- Ensuring all opportunities are supported with robust financials
- Producing reports for the leadership teams and partners, which will play a key role in influencing decision-making across the business
- Defining a business/market driven product strategy and supporting roadmaps through close collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Working closely with Technology and cross functional teams to successfully execute your product plans and ensure timely deliverables.
- Communicating the product strategy, roadmaps and features to your stakeholders and Senior Leaders to ensure clarity and transparency.
- Acting as central advocate for the products / capabilities developed and managed, responding to queries from all related business teams.
For one of the positions, previous experience of, or exposure to, Big Data/ AI/Data science is essential. If you are applying for any of the roles, the following skills and experience are relevant:
- Relevant Product Management experience (e.g discovery framework setting, user/customer interviews, ideation, leading workshops etc)
- Experience with enterprise level complex projects or programs
- Market research and analysis skills
- Commercially focused
- Well-developed planning and problem-solving skills, creativity and critical thinking skills
- A demonstrated curiosity about customers, markets and competitors
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Good listener, team player, and willing collaborator
- 25 days annual leave
- Volunteering days
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to work and live in your work in the United Kingdom.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.