Online Programme Developer
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Informa Connect, part of the FTSE100 Informa Group, is a global organisation which organises major branded annual events and operates specialist digital communities that are key convening places for a market. Informa Connect run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programmes for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets.
We will consider people on a full time or part time (3/4 days per week) basis.
We have a vacancy for an Online Programme Developer to become an integral part of our training and education team and be responsible for developing new, commercially successful digital learning programmes with new and existing universities and managing successful partnerships with existing universities.
Applicants will ideally have experience of learning and development, course production, working with authors/tutors, preferably in an online learning context. Candidates with strong conference production/admin backgrounds will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be well-organised, be able to juggle multiple priorities, and be able to help manage and develop commercially successful digital (distance) learning courses.
This is a highly responsible and challenging position, working to tight deadlines and targets, but with great rewards.
Key qualities and skills required for the position:
- Proven research skills using a variety of primary and secondary information sources to analyse education and training needs
- Ability to create work schedules and manage and prioritise multiple tasks, roles and priorities simultaneously
- An eye for detail when copy editing, reviewing and formatting training materials written by expert authors
- Exceptional writing skills combining clarity, accuracy and creativity
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and motivate colleagues, associates and clients on all levels
- Team player, able to step in and manage any pressing requirement of the business e.g. managing student queries and applications, attending seminars, negotiating contract terms with new partners, updating content on website
- Candidates will preferably be degree educated, or equivalent, with an excellent academic track record
- Knowledge of ‘Moodle’ or other learning management systems + experience of university processes (such as validation) would be an advantage but not critical
Overview of the role:
- Analysis of trends and developments impacting the sector that can be converted into online course topics
- Identifying and prioritising topics for course development
- Assessing the commercial feasibility of topics and conducting market research with key industry stakeholders and potential participants
- Liaise with partners or third parties to initiate industry accreditation or academic validation
- Writing, editing and presenting course information in clear and simple English, making sure the information is organised effectively
- Clearly articulate course objectives and expectations
- Identifying and contracting authors to produce programme content, building strong relationships with contributors
- Working closely with the marketing and telesales teams to coordinate the marketing, promotion and sales plan for courses
The position reports to Ted Bailey, Head of Digital Learning, Informa Connect and is based at our 240 Blackfriars Road office in London. The role is a permanent full-time position.
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.