Marketing Manager, Books
- Jai Singh Marg, Police Colony, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Marketing Manager within our Books Marketing department. Planning and executing marketing activities on the designated portfolio and customer channel, ensuring that agreed objectives and targets are met and recommendations made, for action or change, to senior managers as required. Work with peers in management team to contribute to a high-performance marketing culture, focusing on achieving required results by managing resources effectively.
The position is responsible for understanding the needs, drivers and buying processes of academic librarians and for using that knowledge to create and execute go-to-market strategies and plans that create awareness, drive sales, and increase usage of Taylor & Francis Books & eBooks
- Monitor and analyze sales patterns and other performance measures to build marketing strategies targeting libraries & institutions in the region.
- Manage global marketing tactics from implementation and delivery to analysis, ensuring targets are met across multiple benchmarks
- Build effective long-term & strategic relationships both internal (editorial, sales, development, other departments) and external (e.g. librarians & faculty)
- Maintain and develop an awareness of external issues and market developments, including competitor activities, needs of customers, advances in technology, and professional and academic trends, and share findings with the business and team.
- Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to team and departmental objectives
- Collaborate effectively with Sales & editorial and support a lead generation process that is designed to create and nurture qualified leads with an objective to turn prospects into satisfied customers.
- Meet all revenue and promotional spend targets for team.
- Effectively collaborate with the team to execute targeted campaigns, to develop creative, impactful collateral and to attend conferences that will help us achieve strategic goals.
- Periodic travel to conferences and exhibitions and/or carry out other customer-facing activities, reporting back as required
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in planning and implementing subject/channel or team level projects/campaigns
The ideal candidate will have:
- MBA or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven track record of goal-achievement in a marketing role
- Successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel
- Industry and market expertise
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends.
Skills and Behaviors Required:
- Excellent marketing portfolio/channel, relationship, & communication management skills
- Commercial and customer focus
- Critical and analytical ability
- Understanding of statistical and financial information and high level of numeracy
- Result driven
- Excellent team player and relationship building abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Delegates effectively
- Accountable for managing own learning, taking responsibility to identify and develop skills gaps.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- 30 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependents; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexible working time
- Right tools for remote working
You must have the right to work and live in India.
This role is based at our India - New Delhi office or may be remote.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.