- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
This role sits within the Global Support (GS) Programme Management function and is responsible for the delivery of standalone strategic projects or transformation programmes that are critical to Informa’s continuing success. The projects/programmes supported by the GS Programme Management team are diverse and vary from changes to existing business processes and systems, to integration activity associated with mergers and acquisitions.
You will be responsible for maintaining a strategic view of your projects/programmes, which includes managing the business case on behalf of the sponsor, as well as leading the planning and execution of the project plan and business change. To deliver a specific programme, you may need to establish and run a temporary Programme Management Office (PMO). You will ensure that all company policies are adhered to, whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
Adaptability is a key aspect of this role. According to the complexity of each assignment, you may need to take a hands-on approach for specific aspects in addition to providing overall leadership of the project/programme. In addition, you may be required to be flexible with your working hours dependent upon the time zones of stakeholders.
The Transformation Manager is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus other reasonable duties as required:
- Direct management of strategic projects and transformation programmes, through their full life cycle including definition, management and reporting, benefits realisation, and transition into business-as-usual operations
- Maintain the overall coherence and integrity of the programme, managing interdependencies both within the programme and across the group
- Manage the budget and spend forecast throughout the course of the programme, validating the business case and benefits
- Ensure change impact assessments are carried out to determine the degree of change and level of organisational readiness across different dimensions (people, process, technology)
- Ensure stakeholder engagement is centric to the overall delivery of the change, working with business change manager(s) so they are ready to accept the change and realise the benefits
- Manage third parties, contractors and contracts in accordance to company policy
- Act as a role model to others and proactively contribute to continuous learning with other members of the Programme Management team
Strong inter-personal skills:
- Self-motivated, able to cope with high workload, and open to new challenges
- Acts with integrity, tact and diplomacy to formulate trust at all levels
- Ability to remain calm and focused when under pressure and in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively with others in a matrix organisation
Excellent communication and negotiation skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Influential - varies communication style according to the situation, able to explain rationale behind thought process using both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Comfortable in presenting to larger groups and senior management
- Adopts a customer-centric view to problem solving, using both qualitative and quantitative techniques in seeking the root cause of issues
- Helps stakeholders identify solutions to address business needs, selecting a preferred option based on a broad range of criteria and developing a business case
- Uses management techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects/programmes including risk and issue management
- Accounts and prepares for the impact of change on people, process and technology
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in making change happen, working with multiple stakeholders and preferably across different regions, no formal project management qualifications are required
- Understanding of Change Management, preferably stakeholder needs analysis
- Understanding of Business Analysis, preferably process mapping and requirements analysis
- Advanced skills in numerical reasoning, budget management and financial reporting
- Advanced skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a varied role on key strategic initiatives in the Group and COO area, which will contribute to the long-term underlying growth of Informa Plc. You will have an opportunity to work across various divisions, with multiple stakeholders, and have a direct influence on successful transformation in business critical areas.
The role affords a balance of office based and remote working and some flexibility in working hours according to work and personal commitments.
Applications welcome from individuals who have a passion for delivering change and desire to develop their project/programme management and leadership skills, even if they do not meet all of the criteria.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Bonus leave for getting married and moving house
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- Flexible working and access to a modern office in a central location
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.