Event Audience Development Manager - VIPs
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Informa Connect, part of the FTSE100 Informa Group, is a global live events and digital content specialist connecting professionals with knowledge, ideas and opportunities. Informa Connect run around 800 events each year in over 60 countries, create digital platforms based on engaging news and information content, and operate professional development programmes for individuals and businesses in Global Finance, Life Sciences and Pharma and in a number of other specialist markets.
Informa Connect is now recruiting for a talented VIP Manager, in our Central London team. The role is working from home with a view to be Central London based in the future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Event Audience Development Manager to join the Wealth Portfolio within the Global Finance division at Informa. The role will report directly to the Brand Strategy Director, Wealth Portfolio.
The position is one of high responsibility and accountability within Informa Global Finance. Joining a growing team, you will lead on community building and relationship management with VIPs and other key stakeholders, taking responsibility for a broad range of events within the team. The environment is busy and challenging and you have to be able to work on multiple projects at once.
The successful candidate will play a lead role in supporting and contributing to the growth of the Wealth Portfolio; the end goal being to establish it as a leader in the Asset and Wealth Management sector, creating and curating a series of go-to events for the investment management community. The position is best-suited to a self-motivated and confident individual who is happy to work individually and as part of a team, and is willing to get involved in driving the community build and a VIP offering.
- Expand the VIP offering and strategy in conjunction with the Brand Strategy Director
- Liaise with conference producers, sales team members, speakers and sponsors to identify key VIPs and investors to invite to physical events and digital offerings
- Contact selected individuals by email and by telephone to discuss attendance and securing their participation in various structured networking / social formats as well as digital offerings, such as webinars, surveys, symposia and digital events
- Meet and greet the VIPs onsite at the events, ensure they are looked after and participate in the proposed networking/social programme.
- Ensure that VIPs have a superior customer experience throughout the campaign.
- Work closely with the event sponsors to maximise the participation of their clients in physical events and digital offerings
- Build strong relationships with these key VIPs to create brand commitment and loyalty.
- Organise VIP Dinners, Breakfast Briefings, Closed-Door Meetings, webinars and other digital gatherings and securing VIP attendance at these functions and formats.
- Deliver the One to One Meeting Service (both physical and digital) in conjunction with the sales team.
- Help develop the online community through digital and social media channels.
- Work closely with the team to validate the eligibility of incoming requests for VIP (and other key stakeholder) passes.
- Increase the overall Wealth Management community (including VIPs and key influencers), using research methods and relationship building.
- Register community members/contacts/clients on SAP and maintain good records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner
- Extremely organized, with outstanding time management and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to timescales, targets and KPIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Hardworking and diligent
- Strong Internet research skills
- Proven ability to use initiative when required and to go ‘above and beyond’ in order to deliver excellent customer service.
- Experience of building relationships and working with C level executive desirable
- Previous experience in the Wealth and Investment management industry is desirable
Why work for Informa?
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday!
- Life assurance
- Other flexible benefits include Healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- 5% Pension match
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular Social Events and Networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.