Corporate Communications Manager
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Corporate Communications team with Informa Markets. We are seeking a Senior Communications Manager for a temporary 12 month assignment. The Corporate Communications team is responsible for managing the company’s reputation with external stakeholders, including the media, customers, and industry influencers, as well as internal communication across our diverse, global workforce of 3,700+ colleagues in 30 countries.
The Senior Communications Manager will report into the VP Corporate Communication and have a dotted reporting line into the President – Informa Markets (IM) North America. Leading on internal communications strategy for the North America region and supporting the regional HR and Learning & Performance teams with strategic communications consultancy. The role will business partner with the President – IM North America, and the regional leadership team within North America to support internal and external communications activities and aligning the strategy and messaging with divisional objectives.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a complex, matrix organization, with excellent communication skills and the ability to take ownership of tasks from start to finish. We are a small and busy team, so being accurate and able to work to tight deadlines and with professionalism are essential.
- Primary responsibilities include: regular cadence of dynamic content delivered via newsletters, Town Halls, and other formats using a multi-channel mix; supporting HR and VP, Communications with any business restructure or acquisition needs; developing content for website, LinkedIn and Portal; serving as key liaison between NAB leadership team and divisional Communications
- Responsible for ensuring a regular feed of news stories using multiple formats to deliver content, leaning on creativity to deliver important messages to and from the NAB in an engaging and dynamic way
- Develop process for obtaining key information on NAB activities (ie-customer testimonials, event videos, economic impact data, attendance #s, etc)
- Support in developing a LinkedIn strategy to amplify industry-wide initiatives and cross-promote each other through regular cadence of curated content
- Support regional leadership team with content for presentations, speaking opportunities and team meetings
- Work closely with PR Director to identify awards opportunities, and then work with NAB leadership to help manage submission process
- Prepare and send email communications, including template design and layout, using Poppulo
The Communications Team is a central hub of information for the business – it’s important to be able to build relationships quickly, be proactive in finding out information and be able to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The team is spread across London, New York and Toronto, with stakeholders all around the world – so being comfortable working in a global team with people you may not meet in-person regularly is essential. You need to be willing to pitch in and help with whatever is needed and take full responsibility for the projects you own, while enjoying working in a fun, social environment.
- At least five years’ work experience in a relatable field (PR, marketing, communications, journalism)
- Experience working in a complex, global, matrix organization
- Confident working with colleagues at a senior level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Good relationship builder
- Able to synthesize and package lots of information effectively and efficiently
- Professional, calm, and proactive
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint
- Experienced in using content management systems
- Media relations experience is a plus
- Graphic design skills, including designing email templates
- Experience with filming and editing video content
- Experience in following corporate branding guidelines
- Experienced in using social media in a B2B environment
- Photo editing using Photoshop or other software
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.