R2R Finance Manager
- Hoi Bun Rd, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Reporting into the Regional R2R Lead this is a key operational role which is accountable for the efficient day to day running of one of the three R2R teams. Each Finance Manager is responsible for business specific deliverables for either a dedicated division or across multiple divisions. The Finance Manager will provide strong leadership to your teams and guide them to contribute to the success of the organisation. Developing high performing teams is a must and being able to demonstrate the ability to implement / drive robust change management controls and enhance processes will also be essential. The individual will be responsible for ensuring your R2R team delivers high value, consistent accounting service driving balance sheet integrity.
Management / General
· Management of the R2R teams within your division/s with overall responsibility for the month end close driving balance sheet integrity through excellent delivery of accurate and timely processing of the team’s work.
· Assist and drive GFSS R2R strategy
· Act as escalation point with Business division/s issues that cannot be resolved by the Senior Accountants.
· Partner the Divisional CFOs & Group Finance to ensure that the overall R2R service is being delivered in line with business requirements. This will include assessing requests for additional work from the business.
· Ensure that the balance sheets are an accurate reflection of all assets and liabilities of the division/s your team supports.
· Monthly preparation and review of performance dashboards (showing actual performance against target) and identify necessary actions to resolve areas of under-performance.
· Offer support & guidance to colleagues on difficult issues as the expert & leader in the team. You will also be considered as a specialist in the specific business division you are working in and responsible for the more complex, higher accounting skill duties.
· Take the lead on any special projects within the department. Details include; Key Process testing, new processes & systems and Identify and assist with implementation of SSC wide projects introduced by Senior Mangers or GPO
· Oversee the delivery of smooth integration/due diligence activity
· Work effectively with internal and external auditors
· Supervise Intercompany process and liaise with other SSC managers
· Review and take ownership of the accuracy of any royalty, profit share and commission calculations
· Flag any control risks and instances of fraud (both actual and attempted) to the Regional R2R Lead as early as possible.
· Ensure all statutory and regulatory deadlines for your team are met
· Encourage an environment in which people value diversity either in recruitment, team formation and/or in developing plans and strategies.
· Build and develop an efficient and effective team; recruit and retain the best people for the job and actively plan for succession to develop and replace individuals effectively.
· Ensure required approvals are completed in a timely manner
· Responsible for driving improvement across your R2R teams
· Play an active role in driving for change and continuous improvement in the business and within finance; highlight potential process or control improvement opportunities with a key focus on customer experience
· Ensure all process documents are up-to-date and readily available and that staff are aware of the key processes and how they function.
· Work with the business and Global Process Owners to help identify and implement any changes to processes necessary through changing business requirements
· Attend governance meetings over financial processing/processes as required to report on issues and to take away actions as appropriate
· Ensure that the Group policies, controls and contractual SLA’s are being adhered to and followed as needed
· Resolve escalated operational issues as specified by the governance model
· Ensure that appropriate People Development tools are utilised throughout your team consistently and fairly to ensure optimum performance of all colleagues. Focus to develop on both technical and soft skill in alignment with local HR policies
· Ensure that planning and prioritization of work within the team is optimized to maintain and improve performance metrics
· Encourage an inclusive and diversity working environment in areas such as recruitment, team formation and/or in developing plans and strategies
· Bring team members into discussions so that they can contribute their ideas, are involved in setting team objectives and feel engaged on issues that affect them.
· Support, assist and cover team members where necessary
Management & Qualifications
· Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
· A qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with several years post qualified experience managing a large R2R team with mixed levels of experience.
· Solid knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
· Knowledge of working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology
· Excellent leadership, coaching and people development
· Good working knowledge of dealing with mergers, acquisitions and disposals
· Good working knowledge of lean, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies preferred.
· Actively engages in talent management and ensure that succession planning is utilised in the development of your team
Skills & Abilities
· Excellent communication skills at all levels including a wide range of stakeholders within the business
· Proficiency in spoken and written English is a requirement. Ability in any other Asian languages would be an advantage.
· Continuously drives & improves processes & systems
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Be pro-active and take initiative and encourage teams to do the same
· Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
· Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
· Excellent influencing skills
· Highly organised, diligent with attention to detail and the ability to maintain these skills whilst working under pressure
· Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
· Impactful and confident presentation skills