Principal Consultant - Pharma Intelligence
- Room2201, No.300, Huaihai Road, Huangpu, Shanghai, China
Informa Intelligence, a division of Informa, provides specialist data, intelligence, and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage, and enhance return on investment.
Informa Intelligence has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional, and niche communities within 3 core industry sectors: pharma, finance, and transportation.
Informa Pharma Custom Intelligence, part of the international Informa group, is looking for an exceptional candidate to grow and develop the pharma consultancy practice serving some of the largest pharma and healthcare companies globally. As Director of Consulting, China you are expected to contribute fully to team objectives and directly manage Principal Consultants and other staff to achieve team goals. Given the competitiveness of the consulting industry, client satisfaction is key to long term success. As such, commercial awareness, communication skills, rigor in analysis and reporting, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity are key factors for a consultant’s success.
Informa Pharma Custom Intelligence, part of the international Informa group, is looking for an exceptional candidate to grow and develop the pharma consultancy practice serving some of the largest pharma and healthcare companies globally. As a Principal Consultant you are expected to contribute fully to team objectives and directly manage Senior Consultants and Consultants in their execution of client projects. Given the competitiveness of the consulting industry, client satisfaction is key to long term success. As such, commercial awareness, communication skills, rigor in analysis and reporting, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity are key factors for a consultant’s success.
As a Principal Consultant, your key responsibilities will be:
Business development: sell a broad range of information based consulting projects independently to both new and existing clients. Identify and understand the needs of the client base, and develop ongoing and in depth relationships with key clients to secure new and repeat business.
Project management: translate proposals into comprehensive briefs and actionable project work plans for the project team. Manage projects with little guidance to produce high quality deliverables to client requested timeframes. Monitor progress and overcome challenges that arise to deliver high quality projects to the agreed timeframes.
Project execution: set the high standards required of Senior Consultants and Consultants within the team. This will include understanding the reasoning behind a consulting project, the client’s agenda, and the priorities of the different project elements. Demonstrate the ability to identify and structure project related issues, analyze these issues, and develop recommendations. Use established conceptual strategy and market frameworks for analyzing data and communicating project results.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A can do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Tenacity and resilience in the face of challenges
- Proven experience in commercial dealings with pharma companies
- Proven ability to manage the delivery of consulting projects to pharma clients
- Proven project management and presentation skills
- Ability to work across a range of projects at the same time with varying degrees of complexity
- Ability to see the “big picture” and understand how the client will use information to meet commercial objectives
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to dive into detail and analyze key issues, identify insights, and develop actionable recommendations
- Ability to think laterally about researching and sourcing information from within and outside of internal company resources
- Native level Chinese language skills and full professional proficiency in English
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- The ideal candidate will have a background in a pharma company and/or a strategy or consulting firm, in China or internationally
- Consulted to or worked with pharma or healthcare companies
- Proven market and commercial intelligence expertise
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline; an MBA or MS/PhD is an advantage but not essential
- Experience managing teams either with direct line responsibility or on a virtual basis and able to bring out the best from people in demanding situations
- Knowledge of research methodologies gained either through briefing agencies and working with data or via agency experience
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.