- 110 Southwark Street, London, England, United Kingdom
Informa Tech informs, educates, and connects the technology community through world-class research, training, events, and media. We offer an unrivalled reach to decision-makers in the technology marketplace, leveraging over 100 recognised and trusted brands, including London Tech Week, Africa Tech Festival, Asia Tech X, The AI Summit, Black Hat and Omdia.
Africa Tech Festival:
Africa Tech Festival is the largest and most influential tech event in Africa. We connect, inform, and inspire a diverse community of business leaders and technology champions. Our mission is to equip people to design, build and run a better, more inclusive, digital world – to unify Africa’s response to the 4IR and accelerate socio-economic development across the continent.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an exceptional content lead or event portfolio manager to join the Africa Tech Festival team.
The role will involve shaping the Africa Tech Festival content strategy, producing and project managing several core Africa Tech Festival conference tracks, co-located events, and regional Connecting Africa events, and contributing to our efforts to become the dominant B2B information services player in the African connectivity infrastructure and enterprise tech space.
This fast-paced role will require ambition, strong analytical research skills, a strong commercial focus, the ability to build relationships with senior industry and government figures, the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities, excellent internal and external stakeholder management, and a willingness to work across multiple natures of business – events, media, training, and marketing services.
If you are passionate about building a better, more inclusive, digital world, committed to maximising the positive impact of technology and excited about setting the agenda of the most influential tech event in Africa, we want to hear from you!
Key areas of responsibility:
· Shaping the Africa Tech Festival content strategy
· Contributing to our efforts to become the dominant B2B information services player in the African connectivity infrastructure and enterprise tech space
· Producing and project managing several core Africa Tech Festival conference tracks and co-located events
· Launching new Africa Tech Festival conference tracks, co-located events, and networking features
· Producing and project managing several regional Connecting Africa events
· Recruiting world-class speakers – the biggest names in tech
· Leading market research and agenda development and identifying and developing new themes and discussion points
· Managing freelance conference producers and managing input from conference producers from other Informa Tech teams
· Contributing to our year-round content programme and supporting our marketing services offering
· Project managing the Connecting Africa Podcast
· Being responsible for the growth of our training business in Africa
· Managing stakeholder and ambassador relations and hosting advisory board meeting
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Ambition and strategic vision
· A positive, can-do attitude
· Strong analytical research skills
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Strong commercial awareness
· Ability to build relationships with senior industry and government figures
· Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
· Excellent internal and external stakeholder management
· Excellent communication skills and networking abilities
· Resilience, flexibility, and ability to work autonomously
Experience and qualifications:
· In-depth knowledge and experience of the B2B event world
· Experience of successfully delivering large-scale, multi-track events in a fast-paced commercial organisation
· Extensive conference production experience: market research, agenda development, speaker acquisition, successful onsite delivery
· Extensive event project management experience
· Commercially astute with proven experience as a practical deliverer
· Demonstrable experience of the ability to forge positive relationships with multiple different internal and external stakeholders
· Interest in technology and knowledge of the African tech ecosystem
· Speaking French isn’t essential but would be an advantage
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.