2022 Informa Graduate Fellowship Scheme
- 5 Howick Pl, London SW1P 1DE, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Informa’s divisions include:
Informa Connect, a specialist in content-driven events and digital communities that allow professionals to meet, connect, learn and share knowledge.
Informa Intelligence, providing digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge.
Informa Markets, creating platforms for international markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through over 500 leading brands, our exhibitions, specialist digital content and data solutions allow customers operating in specialist markets to meet and trade, and for their businesses and markets to thrive.
Informa Tech, a division bringing specialism in technology. We aim to inspire the global technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and events that inform, educate and connect businesses and professionals working in technology.
Taylor & Francis, specialist in scholarly research and in helping academic and research communities make new breakthroughs. We commission, curate, produce and publish scholarly research and reference-led content in specialist subject areas, helping to advance research and enabling knowledge to be discovered and shared.
Global Support is Informa's sixth division, with major hubs in the United Kingdom, United States, Hong Kong and Singapore as well as several smaller locations. Global Support colleagues provide shared, efficient business services and function-specific expertise to each of Informa's operating divisions, enabling our commercial teams to focus on their markets and customers.
We’re looking for graduates with commitment and enthusiasm and who want to be part of an industry leading, innovative, global organisation. Our Graduate Fellowship Programme will prepare you with the skills you need to progress and develop your talents.
From editorial to finance, digital to event operations, sales to research, marketing and more, Graduate Fellows work across a range of businesses, sectors and roles in the UK and internationally, and get their careers off to a great start.
If you enjoy variety and collaborating with experts, want to get under the skin of a dynamic and growing business and are comfortable seizing opportunities, Informa’s Graduate Fellowship Scheme could be for you.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- To have achieved or be on course to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent.
- Candidates must have the energy and drive to succeed, be committed to excellence in their results, be curious and comfortable to challenge the status quo and be innovative in their thinking.
- You will be flexible and adaptable in your approach, be able to contribute positively in a team working environment.
- A hands-on, proactive approach.
What we’re looking for
The scheme provides an opportunity to experience a variety of different roles within a diverse international organisation. Key competencies and characteristics that we look for in future Fellows include:
- A desire to learn, the tenacity to make things happen and the ambition to dictate your own progress, through hard work and self-development
- The ability to work in partnership with colleagues and customers to form strong relationships through building trust
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills, with proven ability to manage your time and work to deadlines
- Experience collecting, analysing and reviewing quantitative data
- Digital know-how, with an interest in emerging technologies.
- Driven by results
- Positive, pro-active attitude
- Previous work experience is preferable but not mandatory
What’s in it for you
- You will complete a tailored induction and development programme which will provide you with a broad understanding of Informa and its divisions.
- Three six-month UK based placements, each in a different division and role
- Following the UK based placements, external factors permitting, you will have the opportunity to participate in a six-month placement outside of the UK
- The programme is designed to be flexible so that placements can be identified in line with your career aspirations, in conjunction with the evolving needs of the business.
- The placements will give you real projects and responsibilities, providing the opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive environment
- Support finding a permanent role within Informa after completing the scheme
- You will have considerable support during the scheme to ensure that your overall learning experience will complement your future career, giving you the opportunity to work with stakeholders such as:
- Placement Managers, who will help you with your development journey by working with you to set tasks and objectives
- Senior level career mentors, to offer guidance and support during your career progression
- Graduate Programme Manager, who will ensure you are fully supported through the programme
- Graduate Fellow community who come together regularly through formal and informal networking events, sharing experiences and offering each other support
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Access to our full range of health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits for UK employees.
- Extensive support, guidance and training throughout the programme.
Please include in support of your application a covering letter (of no more than one page) which details why you are interested in working for Informa, and what sets you apart as a strong applicant for our Graduate Fellowship. We will review this letter (along with your CV) to assess your written communication skills and it also helps us to understand more about you. Please share your motivation in applying for the role, your background, the achievements of which you are particularly proud, and use the letter as an opportunity to showcase and bring to life your unique skills, career aspirations, interests, or work experience.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
** Deadline for applications 2nd January 2022 **