Business Analyst - Product Content Domain
- Park Dr, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
We are seeking a hardworking and self-motivated Agile Business Analyst who has operated within a cross-functional product development environment. This role will be joining an agile team to help innovate, improve and deliver all aspects of product and content delivery channels, and provide ideas to enable new business models for those systems.
Closing date: November 30, 2021
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in business Analyst Information Technology, includes business process design, product and content management.
- Shown experience of working on Digital Transformation projects
- Experience working with process redesign methods and organisational change management
- Preferable to have exposure to the publishing domain and product management
- Ability to adapt quickly to constantly evolving technology and then use this technical knowledge to apply to business needs
- Excellent soft skills. Need to be able to demonstrate a strong eye for business and ability to build relationships with senior partners quickly
- Work with global business partners to understand the commercial goals and drivers
- Experience within Software Development Life-cycle Methodology
- Out of the box problem solver
- Technology evangelist, well aware of tools like Jira and Confluence
- Possess a strong belief in agile and lean thinking
- Ability to connect business, technology and user requirements to create technology solutions
- Experience with multiple Agile methodologies including SCRUM, Kanban, XP, Lean
- Experience in mentoring other BA's and leadership experience
- Understand technology solutions connecting business, technology, user and customer requirements, collaborate with the Architecture and Solution Team
- Facilitate the discussions to capture and document business requirements
- Convert requirements into user stories along with acceptance criteria, wireframe and additional support documents
- User Stories - deliver and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories in JIRA (covering functional and non-functional requirements), through stakeholder workshops, in sizes capable of being delivered in a single sprint
- Help project sponsors and Product Owners to prioritise the user stories
- Working closely with the business and Product Owners to ensure requirements are challenged, validated and add business value and fit with competing business demands and priorities
- Anticipate, identify and manage risks & issues in accordance with programme policies, practices and statements, escalating risks & issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary
- Create effective relationships between Taylor & Francis internal business units and teams
- Domain Modelling – define business terms (dictionary) and narratives as part of a Domain-Driven Design methodology
- Assist with the Scrum Master/Project Manager with Release Product Planning - collaborate with the Business Product Owner and Delivery manager to size the user stories and inform sprint plans and product development cycles
- Product Development - support the development teams through undertaking research and analysis to elaborate the user stories and business process
- Programme Alignment – support the Business Architect to Align the detailed project user stories with the relevant programme epics
- Interaction Design - collaborate with the User Researcher and Designer (User Interaction) to ensure quality and alignment with user stories
- Be instrumental in the analysis, design and building of critical, custom-designed business applications using the latest technologies.
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 additional days leave at Christmas (discretionary)
- Volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.