- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FAN EXPO HQ is the largest pop-culture event producer in the world. Our mission is to deliver the ultimate fan experience through our growing portfolio of events, which includes MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Dallas, FAN EXPO Boston, FAN EXPO Denver, FAN EXPO San Francisco, FAN EXPO Canada, Calgary Comics & Entertainment Expo, FAN EXPO Vancouver, and more.
FAN EXPO HQ is a division of Informa, the world’s leading events company, and together we create opportunities for fans to explore and celebrate all things pop-culture, through operational excellence, fandom expertise, and out-of-this-world content.
Ready to embark on a new and exciting adventure? Read on.
Are you a certifiable nerd with a love of all things pop culture? Do you know the difference between the MCU and the DCEU? What is your opinion on the sub vs dub debate? If you can answer these questions, then Fan Expo HQ Content Team is looking for you!
We seek a Content Coordinator to support our ever-growing portfolio of shows across the US and Canada. The Content Coordinator is part of a highly creative team responsible for the research, development and execution of exciting and engaging programming across a wide variety of pop culture genres.
- Act as Lead Content Coordinator for designated show(s) within the portfolio. Construct, execute and provide on-site supervision of a full programming schedule as overseen by the Programming Director.
- Act in a support role to the other Content Coordinators assigned as Lead on their respective show(s) where applicable.
- Research, develop and foster new relationships with a wide variety of pop culture themed partners/facilitators that can contribute to the shows by way of programming and content.
- Brainstorm and develop new and authentic attractions and themes for shows, including but not limited to panel presentations, Q&A’s, fan interactive/experiential experiences, after hours activities and sponsor related activations.
- Supply Show Management with regular updates on programming and genre specific content for use in marketing communications and for show advertising purposes.
- Consult and provide informed opinion on Celebrity & Voice Actor guest options for shows.
- Work with designated Genre Leads and Subject Matter Experts to schedule genre specific content and programming within a shows schedule.
- Work with Show Managers to assign room allocations for scheduled programming, ensuring all operational requirements (audio/visual, staging, display materials etc.) are accounted for.
- Main point of contact for all programming and content partners regarding scheduling and move-in instructions for designated show(s).
- Manage the allocation of community groups and other applicable programming and content partners on the show floor and/or programming rooms at designated show(s).
- Support the development and execution of corporate programming obligations brought by Sales team for designated show(s).
- Research competitor events, monitor key trends and stay connected to the pop culture multiverse.
- Previous experience in the design, research, facilitation and management of attendee programming and related scheduling for events (preferably consumer), organizations or cultural institutions.
- Must have a wide interest in pop culture genres including but not limited to Comic, Anime, Horror, Gaming, Cosplay, Sci-Fi & Fantasy.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Previous event management experience in an operational capacity is highly desirable.
- Must be willing to travel multiple times a year to destinations within the US and Canada.
- College or University degree in communications, media, arts or similar subjects is a plus.
- Creative and detail oriented.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Manage deadlines effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Be an awesome collaborator and team player.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.