Assistant Accountant - 6 month contract
- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
- The Assistant Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Process intercompany transactions - including raising invoices, settlement of balances
- Perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts - intercompany
- Analyse and solve ad hoc problems using your knowledge of the business and the systems
- Liaise with Finance Operations and Cash Operations for reconciliation queries
- Assist with audit queries
- Assist in the production of financial analysis
- Assist with ad hoc duties as needed
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
• Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable • Must be currently studying AAT/ACCA • Has a good understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment • Able to work independently and work towards hitting deadlines and priorities. • Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.