- Third Floor, Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, United Kingdom
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, Informa has over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment, and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator for the Project Management and Performance team (Content Operations) who will be based in London, UK. In this role you will be working alongside senior/project managers, research analysts, editorial teams, consulting leads and marketing colleagues. This role requires an understanding of fundamental project management principles which can be applied to both fast-paced consultancy projects as well as regular cadenced project deliverables.
The Project Coordinator’s purpose is to project manage syndicated content and consulting engagements across the research workflow process, ensuring resource availability, expected quality, on-time-delivery and customer satisfaction. The Project
As a Project Coordinator you will ensure the delivery of successful, on-time, high-quality, highly relevant, and research projects that provide essential elements for syndicated and consulting research projects across Informa Tech pillars.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
As a Project Coordinator you will ensure the delivery of the following key objectives:
- Create and maintain project documentation such as plans for each project that define roles & responsibilities, resources, milestones, preliminary deliverables, and deadlines.
- Keep all relevant stakeholders informed on project progress. Organize and attend stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure alignment of the project milestones with client expectations and/or research agenda.
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects, in parallel, on-time and on-budget for new and existing customers.
- Identify and work to solve resource gaps to ensure that both syndicated and consulting projects are delivered on time. Understand project interdependencies and evaluate the need for 3rd party data & tools.
- Assist analysts and other colleagues on the appropriate engagement approach for research workflow process and other related processes such as Editing & Publishing, and Penang Research Operations etc.
- Ensure continuous measurement of key KPIs in each area.
- Conduct post-delivery feedback sessions to identify areas of improvement and training needs.
- Liaise with external vendors and suppliers to source project inputs within budget & timescales.
- Process customer and supplier invoices as required.
- Create and maintain business process workflow documentation and deliver standardization, best practises, methods and procedure documentation.
- Contribute to the continuing evolution and refinement of business/operational processes to optimize quality, timeliness, efficiency, and cost effectiveness of research execution and delivery.
What you will produce
- Project plans, schedule tracking, project reports (internal & customer), project budget, risks & issues registers across the end-to-end research workflow process
- Deliver allocated projects to time, quality, and cost
- Support the team in delivering complex, high stake projects to time and budget
- Business process workflow documentation, best practices, methods & procedures, and specifications
- Key operational metrics, KPI, and business analysis reports to aid in continuous improvement initiatives
- Business requirements documentation for technology platform teams, vendors, and data/research suppliers
- Invoicing support through SAP
Experience & Qualifications
- Good knowledge and understanding of project management tools and techniques
- Proven successful experience in a project coordination role, including preparation of project plans, risk and issues logs and management of project action plans
- Experience of working on multiple projects and tasks
- Comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Good presentation skills
- Design and implementation of operational processes preferred
- Experience in the technology market intelligence business including in-depth knowledge of research processes and methodologies preferred
- Experience in a consultancy environment preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively across groups and time zones
- Ability to plan & manage own workload and complete projects on an accurate and timely basis.
- Managing multiple ongoing and ad-hoc projects with the ability to prioritize is essential
- Team player who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail with the ability to unpick complex problems to identify root causes and critical pathways
- Good knowledge of operational and business processes that can help deliver market intelligence on a high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective basis
- English as a working language
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.