Product Marketing Manager (Temp to Perm)
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Markets
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business. We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING AT MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Note this role is Temp-to-Perm, will be employed by a third-party company through the Temporary time period, and will be reviewed for an opportunity to convert to Permanent Informa Employee end of March 2022.
This is a dynamic position that requires an understanding of the fashion industry, Informa Markets Fashion brands, and modern B2B2C retail and ecommerce. The Product Marketing Manager leads demand and revenue-generating activities for events and products, working closely with marketing and sales teams to develop, align, and execute on go-to-market activities.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, customer-centric marketer with the ability to create compelling content, messages, and campaigns for multiple target audiences. This individual collaborates with sales, marketing, and product teams to develop and continuously improve the sales support process including initial sales-training programs and support material, and market-facing collateral. Must have a proven track record of driving successful positioning and content strategy for product marketing programs across multiple markets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participates in market research in close collaboration with the product team.
Acts as market landscape subject matter expert. Assesses competitive landscape (direct and indirect) and recommends growth strategies.
Researches and recommends key performance metrics and assumptions in support of new product launches, from market size and segmentation, sales cycles and pricing, and competitive environment.
Develops detailed plan to support go-to-market activities for new product launches.
Manages content across channel – from strategy to content to SEO – ensuring product messaging, positioning, and calls to action are clear, impactful, and driving intended results.
Develops content/case studies/white papers demonstrating efficacy and extended application.
Plans and participates in customer facing events, conferences, workshops, and speaking events.
Supports sales with key negotiations, demonstrations, and customer-focused events. As appropriate, develops email templates, online demos/video examples, and structured sales tools to increase closing rate and customer engagement.
- 5 years relevant product marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Technology, Marketing or related field (or comparable professional experience)
- High energy, strong oral communicator, agile, creative thinker. Capable of acting as public facing brand-spokesperson for products.
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Culturally sensitive, and able to balance human factors with professional expectations
- Articulate and responsive in communications, eloquent in the written and spoken word and able to build strong business relationships. Well-developed presentation skills.
- Interest in fashion and retail industries, fashion experience and understanding of industry a plus
- Problem solving – You can identify roadblocks, determine fixes, and work in a team environment to implement the solutions to get to the end goal
- Out of the box thinking -- You are willing to challenge norms and come up with fresh ideas and approaches on reaching audiences and engaging our customers
- Objective Leadership -- your effectiveness in keeping the team together and getting work done is a function of leadership and character, not rank
- Self-motivated with a flexible management style, able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines and activities simultaneously
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and adaptable to changing situations and requirements
- Ability to help develop and motivate junior staff and team members, with a strong EQ
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.