Editorial Manager, One Books
- Jai Singh Marg, Police Colony, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
The Editorial Manager, One Books will lead a team of 40+ Editorial Assistants (EAs) based in India, ensuring that various Taylor and Francis books lists and commissioning editors are adequately supported to achieve agreed revenue and profitability targets. As the line manager for Senior Editorial Assistants based in India, and working closely with T&F editorial staff across global offices, the person will direct and coordinate various aspects of the team’s functioning such as staffing, training, KRAs, performance management, communications and professional development. The role will also function as a nodal point of contact for T&F’s senior management, wider editorial staff, and various departments within T&F India. In addition, the Editorial Manager will act as the local liaison for India-based Development Editors who are a part of the wider Editorial Research team
What you will be doing:
- Regularly monitor and review progress of the India EA team towards achieving its goals.
- Support and guide Senior Editorial Assistants, providing effective training, enabling them to do their best work at all times, providing clear and constructive feedback, and encouraging development of skills relevant to their work.
- Perform a co-ordination role across all profit centres to ensure efficient functioning of the overall EA team in India.
- Be the principal point of contact at management level for the team.
- Maximise benefit to business by co-operation with other departmental managers within T&F India.
- Ensure that processes are set up to maintain communication between the India and global offices.
- Plan and manage the recruitment of new members of staff.
- Ensure that company and department goals (or key issues) are effectively communicated to all members of the department.
- Identify and agree common learning needs across the department and provide appropriate support to enable these needs to be met.
- As required, support Development Editors (Editorial Research) based in India as well as this group’s managers based in global offices.
- An understanding of the academic publishing industry, and familiarity with the academic book publishing process.
- Experience in hiring, training and managing editorial/editorial services teams.
- Must have worked in a global, matrix-led environment, liaising effectively with colleagues globally.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Planning, delivering and reporting on business activities, against agreed KPIs.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organized
- Established project management skills.
- Industry and market awareness.
- Dedication to high-quality work supporting internal and external customers.
- Dedication to continuous learning and self-development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- 30 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependents; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexible working time
- Right tools for remote working
You must have the right to work and live in India.
This role is based at our India - New Delhi office or may be remote
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified