Senior Communications Associate
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Following an internal job move, Informa’s Group Technology team is looking for a Senior Communications Associate. It’s an exciting time to join Group Technology, with many opportunities to build on the culture and engagement practices established over the last 12 months, and to support internal communications around the team’s projects as the company prioritises increased digitization and the more extensive use of data.
The Group Technology team sits in Informa’s Global Support division and is home to around 250 colleagues who work all over the world.
It provides technology systems and services across all 10,000+ Informa colleagues in 30+ countries, from company-wide platforms and tools everyone uses to specific customer and product platforms.
Group Technology has been led by the company’s Chief Commercial Officer since mid 2020, with an established leadership team supporting him, who are committed to maintaining a strong and open culture and to continually improving engagement with internal customers.
About the role
This role is broadly split into two parts. The primary focus is on internal communications and engagement that promote a cohesive and positive culture within the Group Technology team, with a particular emphasis on supporting the Chief Commercial Officer. Current key themes include celebrating success, continuously improving operational effectiveness and helping make Group Technology a great place to work.
The secondary focus is on helping Group Technology to engage well with its internal customers and demonstrate its value. This will also involve inputting into activities and campaigns, based on Group Technology projects and priorities, that reach colleagues in other divisions.
The Senior Communications Associate will also provide adhoc internal comms and engagement support to the Global Support Communications Manager. This may include activity focused on Diversity & Inclusion, Wellbeing and Sustainability which benefits the whole Global Support division, including Group Technology colleagues.
The role reports to the Global Support Communications Manager but will work closely with all of the Group Technology Leadership Team.
- Create, implement and maintain a communication and engagement plan aligned to Group Technology’s strategic objectives and people and culture goals
- Devise, source, create and edit engaging content in written, audio and visual formats
- Measure and report on activities in order to continuously improve the impact of communications
- Current channels and activities include regular in-person and online town halls, leadership videos and email messages / newsletters, pulse surveys, intranet blogs and news stories, and the use and maintenance of the Group Technology intranet space and social community
- Create and manage an internal communications programme designed to increase awareness of Group Technology, its expertise and the resources it delivers across the company, and input into communications for key technology projects and initiatives
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the company, understanding their needs and helping Group Technology to engage with them effectively
- Work with the Business Technology Adoption Manager to review and develop Technology resources available for all colleagues
- Input into Group Technology projects and priorities that are communicated across the company. This will include Information Security awareness activities
- Contribute to the wider network of Informa communications professionals, sharing information and best practice and co-ordinating messaging and activities
Qualifications and experience
- Previous communications experience in a professional environment. Experience of working with Technology or Operations teams is an advantage but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Digitally savvy, with experience of using some or all of: Office 365 products, CMS platforms, Poppulo, social channels, design packages, video editing and coding
- Highly organised and good at working to deadlines
- Able to work independently, but also to check in and take direction when required.
- Respectful of the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Able to build trust with senior stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable in the face of changing priorities and a variety of tasks to prioritise and manage
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.