Editorial Assistant - Criminology (Part-time, six-month fixed term contract)
- Park Drive, Milton, Abingdon, England, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Closing Date: 10th November 2021
We have an opening for a part-time Editorial Assistant, on our Criminology books list, on a six-month fixed-term contract. The role involve working with a Publisher toward overall revenue and profitability goals, managing key tasks including author care, reviewing, contract and handover processes.
What you'll be doing:
Organising peer reviews of book proposals under consideration
Drafting and sending author contracts
Chasing manuscripts under contract and negotiating delivery deadlines
Preparing manuscripts for handover to production, and meeting handover targets
Building relationships with authors and colleagues
Maintaining databases and systems
Supporting the wider team across our Sociology and Geography lists.
What we're looking for:
- A highly organised approach, with strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Proven track record of delivering results against stretching targets
- Expertise working with books editorial processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate sensitively and professionally
- Team player with a flexible, positive approach to helping others, and an enthusiasm for learning
- Books editorial systems expertise
- Ability to take the initiative to anticipate and resolve problems
What we offer in return
- A salary of £25,709.25 (pro rata for part-time hours)
- 25 days annual leave pro rata
- A discretionary 3 additional days leave at Christmas
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
This role is open to candidates in all locations across the UK. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the office, at home or somewhere in between.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.