Business Development Coordinator - Enterprise Connect (Event Sales)
- 2301 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Tech/Enterprise IT
In the fast-moving world of Enterprise IT, Informa Tech serves customers operating in a number of specialist subject areas from cloud and data center management to enterprise communications, contact centers, and service management. We aim to inspire, inform and educate business and technology leaders working in Enterprise IT, through media including InformationWeek, event brands such as Channel Partners and Cloud & DevOps World, the Telecoms & Tech Academy, and our Omdia research and consulting capabilities, helping customers solve business problems and add value through new technologies.
Enterprise Connect - Flagship Conference
Enterprise Connect brings corporate IT decision-makers together with the industry's vendors, channel partners, analysts, and consultants to focus on the issues central to enterprise communications and collaboration. Enterprise Connect offers multiple venues for enterprise decision-makers to come together with their peers and with technology providers. Learn more at Enterprise Connect Conference & Expo.
- Location: Austin, TX or Remote*
- Department: Sales
- Division: Informa Tech
You will be responsible for identifying new prospects, inside sales, and customer service for Enterprise IT events and media brands. This opportunity will require motivated customer service and sales support professionals to prospect customers via email and phone, with the goal of pursuing and focusing on new business, selling exhibit space, sponsorships, and digital media programs.
- Meets daily and weekly targets for sales calls and call reports. Is responsible for selling new business and providing customer service for the entire show cycle
- Makes outbound calls and emails to prospects; communicates specific issues, targets, trends, and opportunities using developing knowledge of the enterprise communications technology space
- Focuses on new business sales of exhibit space, sponsorships, digital media, and lead generation programs
- Works with Sales Director and the team of Sales Managers to help drive team goal achievement
- Assists customers with online contract applications and manually enter sales order contracts into Salesforce.com - is responsible for contract completion and accuracy
- Maintains Salesforce.com customer database for accuracy and call reports; conducts data clean-up each show cycle and ongoing maintenance per policies
- Actively maintains sales pipeline opportunity stages so that the pipeline is a true and accurate indicator of expected revenue; utilizes pipeline reports to provide sales forecasts to management
- College degree with at least one year (1) of inside sales experience
- Individual must have strong writing skills, interpersonal and organizational skills, and be detail-oriented.
- Proficient with experience in MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, and other software packages.
- Strong phone and email sales/prospecting skills
- Previous experience selling integrated media solutions (events/online)
- The ability to sell business solutions in the IT B2B marketplace
- Strong relationship-rapport building skills
- Great at setting conference call meetings/appointments
- Consultative sales savvy and the ability to work with customers to identify and meet their needs, goals and have an achievement-driven mind-set
- Travel is required; up to 10% 4-5 regional events nationally*
Other Key Attributes
- Experience in a B2B media environment is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade show sales strategy are extremely valuable.
- Listens to and understands customers’ expectations, needs, and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.