Business Development Executive
- 605 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10158, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa Connect is the world’s leading facilitator of knowledge sharing and business connections. We connect communities around our leading brands, through year-round provision of high quality digital and face to face content, networking and professional development and learning opportunities. We provide the highest-quality content and thought leadership alongside platforms for connecting and collaborating, giving our customers real advantage. We are the world’s largest events producer with several thousand events annually welcoming 150,000 delegates in over 70 countries.
The Business Development Executive/Manager will be responsible for working on a number of the established and successful portfolios within Global Finance namely GAIM Ops Cayman, GAIM Ops West, Private Placement Industry Forum, Private Placement Life Insurance & Variable Annuities Forum. This role is based out of New York.
- To secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues in line with Portfolio needs and personal targets, building and maintaining a strong forecasted pipeline of opportunities
- Generating new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities and target market/clients
- Developing key accounts and existing client relationships, identifying, and converting opportunities to cross/up-sell
- Producing quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process, providing innovative solutions based upon a deep understanding of GAIM Ops and Private Placement product base
- Business Partnering effectively with internal Marketing/Ops/Production team to ensure accurate delivery of client/event requirements
- Building a thorough understanding of GAIM Ops and Private Placement market, clients and competitors
- Attending key GAIM Ops and Private Placement and competitor events
- 2 – 4 years Spex / Media / b2b / industry relevant sales experience
- Demonstrating a consultative sales process in handling complex briefs, responding with considered and creative solutions
- Undertaking mapping exercises on both product and client base, and competitor landscape
- Engaging with stakeholders at a senior level, comfortable in cross/up selling to both acquire new business and grow existing accounts
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or similar systems, having led and encouraged team members to protect and maintain the integrity of the system
Personal Attributes & Behaviors
- A confident and articulate verbal and written communicator, can foster strong relationships both internally and externally
- Possesses excellent prioritization skills, has the foresight to anticipate obstacles and displays tenacity in overcoming them
- Has gravitas and mental agility when presenting solutions
- Takes pride and personal responsibility for maintaining Informa Connect brand
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.