Publishing Executive (F1000)
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
- Employees can work remotely
F1000, fosters a culture of innovation to accelerate the reach of knowledge and put it in the hands of those who will shape the future. We provide open research publishing solutions and services to organizations such as the European Commission, Wellcome, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as directly to researchers through our own publishing platform, F1000Research.
F1000 is wholly owned by, and is the open research arm of, Taylor & Francis, an Informa Group company. Taylor & Francis partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks and reference works, its content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science, Technology and Medicine.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the HSS publishing team at F1000. As a Publishing Executive, you will support the overarching publishing strategy to grow article revenue through Gateways and Collections across F1000Research, as well as our growing portfolio of publishing platforms. Reporting to the Publisher, working closely with the wider Publishing Team and the Business Development Team, the Publishing Executive will support securing, onboarding, managing and growing new Gateway partners.
What you will be doing:
- Providing high quality management and building strong relationships with external partners to successfully develop and manage Gateways to grow submissions, develop opportunities to deliver enhanced and/or new services and grow their commitment to open research publishing
- Working across the business to contribute and implement an annual Gateway development strategy for Gateway partners to maximise growth potential
- Working with the wider company on supporting the onboarding and growth of thematic Gateways
- Setting up Gateways; working closely with the research community to build customised Gateways and onboard them
- Liaising with the Publishing team to help secure and understand the upcoming pipeline and to support any new Gateway agreements
- Providing webinar support in helping educate new partners about the publishing model and help communicate information to their key stakeholders
- Work with the partners to build an active Advisory Board and organise regular meetings to engage them on the Gateway’s strategy and performance
- Managing Gateways; working closely with partners to ensure partner satisfaction, develop strong long-lasting relationships and deliver publication revenue growth.
- Support the onboarding and growth of institutional Gateway partners
- Support the onboarding and growth of expert community partners
- Supporting the publishing team in community outreach and content growth across F1000’s publishing platforms
What can you bring:
- Previous experience of scientific publishing and bibliometric analysis tools
- Customer focus and experience with managing external partners
- Demonstrable experience of effective project management
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry and the wider scholarly research system
- An active interest in and knowledge of Open Access publishing and the move to more open research practices more generally
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both in daily tasks and more complex troubleshooting
- The ability to work independently and pro-actively, with a solution-driven approach and an awareness of when to make use of the wider infrastructure around them
- Excellent teamwork skills and able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Willing to travel occasionally and represent F1000Research at external event
What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 additional days at Christmas (discretionary)
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
Please provide a supporting cover letter with your application.
This role is open to candidates in all locations across the United Kingdom. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, well being and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Closing date: 12/11/2021