Project Manager, Digital Event Operations
- Las Colinas Blvd, Irving, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through targeted digital services, virtual and face-to-face exhibitions and actionable data solutions, our 450+ brands provide buyers and sellers around the world with opportunities to connect. As the world’s leading market-making company, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
This employee will play a significant role in the Digital Event Operations team, as well as within the commercial families. The position will be tasked with scoping, process implementation, and delivery of Smart Events, 365, and Community Digital Delivery.
The Project Manager must be able to see projects through to the end in a seamless manner. You will work and interact with various event teams, centralized groups, platform providers as well as staffing solutions. Regular and candid communication with the Director of Digital Delivery and the event leads is imperative to success. The PM must work well in a fast paced, global market; Be calm under pressure and be collaborative. The PM must be passionate about providing the ultimate customer experience, whilst developing commercial synergies.
This position is remote and results-driven, our team is our tribe, and our goal is to produce the best digital experience for our buyers, sellers, and commercial partners. Contribute to the successful and collaborative management of the NA CST department aiming for operational synergy across North America.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling frequent project check-ins.
- Be the key point of contact for the show teams in all matters on your allocated shows, internal and external.
- Become an industry expert for your aligned portfolios
- Working with the Senior Operations Manager and Director to establish excellent service & meet stakeholder expectations.
- End to end responsibility for delivery of your allocation of digital events for the year.
- Gathering the event team’s requirements for the virtual event, understanding their strategy, key components for sponsorship fulfilment and so on and building the project plan for the event to fit these needs.
- Advocating and advising for the pre-determined suite of available platforms best suited to the above needs.
- SME (subject matter expert) for the digital platforms and digital products
- Share technical skills, knowledge, and best practices with team members
- Manage production, communication and implementation of individual smart event/digital project plans ensuring all tasks are carried out on a timely basis & within deadlines set across all your events.
- Identifying potential issues and finding resolutions to help mitigate them before they happen.
- Responsible for the communication between all teams involved in allocated event, Sales, Marketing, IT, Digital Ops, Event lead, assigning tasks as required within the target operating model to ensure all agreed KPI’s are delivered on time and within budget.
- Support the Show / Brand team to create & manage the budget for digital and smart tech needs.
- Platform management / feedback as required to Procurement or other requested parties on a regular basis.
- Compile event reports and KPI analysis on each event at the end of cycle, conduct retrospective and recommendations for iterative improvements.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility.
- Work with colleagues to achieve best practice in terms of operational planning and management.
- Adhere to all Informa compliance requirements and monitor supplier performance to ensure they are meeting our requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or relative job experience
- Strong planning and analytical skills with the ability to look at the broader perspective as it relates to business strategy
- At least 2 years' work experience in the same or related field
- Able to adjust and thrive within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules
- Skillful at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint preferred
- Strong verbal / written communications skills
- Knowledge of the digital landscape and an eagerness to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
- Ability to work outside of traditional workday hours when needed
- Some travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.