Sales Operations Billing Specialist
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
About Informa Markets
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business. We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, Informa Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas, and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
The purpose of the Billing Specialist is to generate invoices, review contracts & letters of agreement. You must ensure that all duties are carried out in line with company policies and within set time limits while providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and staff. This position reports to the Sales Operations Billing Manager. This role requires excellent communication, meticulous attention to detail, and practical skills. It will also involve interfacing with the following teams: Management Team, Order to Cash (O2C) Teams, Business Teams, External Customers, and Shared Service Center Colleagues.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Performs data entry of exhibitor contracts to produce an invoice
- Monitors ongoing verification of exhibitor status, ensures proper discounts are approved/applied.
- Support with Digital 365 billing.
- Maintain special invoicing requirements by client.
- Maintain strict audit controls.
- Perform daily reconciliation of revenue sources.
- Problem solves client issues by researching accounts and finding supporting documentation.
- Support with event setup – review and update templates.
- Deliver requested reports to key stakeholders (i.e., creating reports related to an event, including total sq ft, number of exhibiting companies, sponsors, and more complex reports).
- Relationship building with client base, Informa entities, management, sales, and logistics staff
- Occasional overtime and the ability to perform other duties as required by business needs
- Travel to industry trade show events. Serves as the on-site representative to assist in the collections of Exhibitor receivables and other on-site show duties as assigned.
- Preferred candidate will have experience with contract review & maintenance
- Excellent account reconciliation skills
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Good communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook are essential
- Maintain attention to detail and remain approachable while working under pressure
- Act with integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks and pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Confident and highly motivated
- Some experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience managing projects and deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering processes to be used by others
- Experience using project management software
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Oracle
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.