- Park Dr, Milton, Abingdon, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Taylor & Francis Group, an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge, and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high-quality, peer-reviewed books and journals. We publish trusted content by expert authors, cultivating knowledge and promoting discovery, globally. We aim to expand thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share their work and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
We are looking to add a Marketing Executive to our Medicine & Health portfolio team within Journals Researcher Marketing. This is a fantastic opportunity to market a key growth area for Taylor & Francis journals. It is a varied position that will challenge you to think differently and play a pivotal role as our marketing evolves to better serve our customers.
The aim of this role is to acquire high-quality submissions to our Medicine & Health portfolio of journals. You will understand the motivations of researchers and use these insights to craft attractive messages and services targeting each stage of the 'researcher journey'. You will be working at the forefront of our march to modernization – driving researchers to Taylor & Francis and curating their onward journey to signpost them towards the submission of their article. You will develop and share in-depth knowledge of author needs and motivations towards publishing, and will work closely with colleagues in editorial, sales, and production to develop author-centered academic publishing services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan, execute, adapt, and report on the full range of evidence-based marketing activities to maximize revenue, quality submissions, and customer retention
- Maintain reports, budgets, and trackers as required, analyzing the performance of products, services, and activities carried out to ensure KPIs are met across multiple benchmarks
- Maintain and develop an awareness of publishing market developments, including competitor activities, needs of the customer, advances in technology, and professional and academic trends
- Contribute to developing opportunities for new and existing products and services to improve the customer experience
- Actively contribute to the team and departmental objectives, as required
- Support the Marketing Manager in planning and implementing subject/channel or team level projects/campaigns
- Develop regional messages that synthesize global themes for Taylor & Francis publishing
- Build effective long-term & strategic relationships both internal (editorial, sales, development, other departments) and external (e.g. authors, researchers, third party services)
- Periodic travel to conferences and exhibitions (post-Covid-19)
- Accountable for managing own learning, taking responsibility to identify and develop skills gaps
- Marketing experience required; understanding the role of marketing; proven track record of goal-achievement in evidence-based marketing campaigns
- Experience in a marketing environment, understanding the role of marketing, and proven track record of goal-achievement in evidence-based marketing campaigns
- The ability to conduct customer research and to focus on what matters for the customer; to pivot and adapt to market changes
- The ability to work within a geographically spread and multifunctional team
- Excellent communication skills across a range of written and oral media
- Excellent time management skills meeting deadlines
- 25 days annual leave pro rata (with 3 additional discretionary days at Christmas)
- Volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- This role may be remote within the United Kingdom
- Domestic and international travel to T&F offices may be required (post Covid-19)
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.