Retail Relations Specialist
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
- Employees can work remotely
About Informa Markets
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business. We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING AT MAGIC. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
The Retail Relations Specialist engages, develops, cultivates and maintains strong relationships with key contemporary women’s fashion retailers on an international level with the purpose of securing attendance for our contemporary womenswear events including COTERIE and PROJECT, including live events and digital platforms. This role focuses on maintaining and strengthening contemporary buyer/retailer relationships, while identifying and actively pursuing new retailer targets through industry knowledge and network and ability to conduct thorough research. Working with the VP, Events, they will educate and recruit retailers to attend and build customer relationships with, while supporting sales, marketing and PR with retail-specific information. These responsibilities will be managed through routine and year-round phone and email outreach to retailers; travel and local meetings in NYC and the tri-state area (among other potentially required destinations); and high-tough concierge services like brand matchmaking.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- With understanding of contemporary women’s fashion retailer needs, provides high-touch concierge services to VIP retailers both on-site at events and remotely in between events, such as thoughtful matchmaking between retailer and brands
- Understands the contemporary fashion landscape in terms of brand mix, categories and trends and continues to expand this knowledge base daily
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with key retention retailers within assigned segment via phone, email, and face to face interactions to invite and register for live events and digital
- Proactive build relationships with new key retailers via phone, email, and face to face interactions to invite and register for live events and digital platforms – Identifies new retailers to pursue weekly
- Studies market categories and identifies industry leading companies in both the contemporary brand and retailer roles
- Identifies both the key contemporary retailers as well as the decision-making buyers within each company in assigned segments
- Supports the contemporary sales team by meeting, engaging and consulting with contemporary brands to encourage their understanding of the value of our offerings
- Responds promptly to retailer inquiries via in person meetings, phone, and e-mail; researches and resolves all questions
- Qualifies prospective attendees as retailers and helps them complete the registration process to attend the shows
- Penetrates retailer registration call and email campaigns to drive attendance
- Works with Brand team and marketing, contributes to the “voice” of retail relations. Collaborates on the creation of copy and other retail collateral; to encourage retailer attendance.
- Provides retailers with information including brand listings, hotel rates sheets and other show information
- Tracks, updates, and analyzes data regarding retailers In Salesforce.com; provides ongoing retailer information for the sales team including key retailer lists and relevant content about new and returning retailers. Prepares and executes reports and analysis as requested
- Maintains integrity of the database by continuously updating retailer information
- Helps manage VIP buyer programs in partnership with the Retail Ops Specialist and Experience team
- Presents themselves professionally, acting as host to retailers on-site at all contemporary events
- Coordinates and assists on-site show set-up and retail programs/events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, fashion buying/merchandising or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years retail sales or fashion brand or showroom experience.
- Deep understanding, knowledge and interest in the contemporary women’s fashion industry and international retail landscape
- Existing relationships with key retailers a must
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Digitally-savvy and comfortability with learning new systems
- Detail oriented, creative and innovative thinker.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Self-starter who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Team player who is willing to support team members in pursuit of a common goal
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.