Accountant - 12 month contract
- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Reporting into the Senior Accountant this is a key operational role which is accountable for delivering an accurate, high value consistent accounting service for all division/s globally. You will be a high performing individual that embraces and drives change management processes whilst showing effective collaboration with your team and business counterparties. You will also ensure that all company policies
are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Oversee intercompany transactions - including raising invoices, settlement of balances
- Review reconciliations of balance sheet accounts - intercompany, Payroll, Fixed assets
- Liaise with Finance Operations and Cash Operations for reconciliation queries
- Analyse and solve ad hoc problems using your knowledge of the business and the systems
- Initiate/process cash intercompany settlements
- Assist with audit queries
- Posting of payroll
- Capitalising assets
- Checking sub ledgers from internal departments
- Assist in the production of financial analysis
- Assist with ad hoc duties as needed, including covering workload in other teams
- Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
• Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
• At the latter stages of qualification or ideally newly qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
• Good understanding of all R2R processes including best practice in R2R, people, processes and technology
• Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
• Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
• Good presentation skills
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.