Editor - Global Development and African Studies list (Maternity cover)
- Park Dr, Milton, Abingdon, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Taylor & Francis Books Editorial have an exciting role for an Editor (Maternity Cover – 9 months) to work on the Routledge Global Development and African Studies list. This is an exciting opportunity to commission textbooks and cutting-edge research for some of the company’s fastest growing lists.
Closing date for applications: 08th November, 2021
What you'll be doing:
Responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning new books for the Global Development and African Studies lists, in line with agreed revenue and profitability targets
- A focus on Open Access Publishing which has great potential across the lists
- Meet annual front list plans, working closely the Editorial Assistant to ensure that manuscript submission, production, and publishing deadlines are met
- Liaising with authors and with other departments to ensure timely and appropriate publishing and marketing of the list
- Working closely with authors, and with Routledge colleagues in different locations across editorial, production, marketing, and sales to ensure the key objectives of the list are met
- Management of an Editorial Assistant on the list
What we are looking for:
For this maternity cover role, you will need to have proven experience of working within academic publishing, with some commissioning experience a considerable asset. A self-starter who can work quickly and independently, with the ability to prioritize workload under pressure. Excellent communication, negotiation and time management skills are essential, as are strong commercial instincts.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- 3 discretionary days leave at Christmas
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role is based at our Milton Park, Oxford office or can be remote
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers