Account Manager - Maritime Intelligence
- 1-chōme-9-5 Ōtemachi, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0004, Chiyoda City, Japan
Informa Business Intelligence (BI), part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to businesses and professionals, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within five core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Lloyd's List (Informa) currently has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sales professional looking to join a world leader in Business Intelligence. We are an expanding global business, offering an excellent opportunity for a career-driven and money-hungry Sales Executive looking to establish a fruitful career in business intelligence and information space.
Lloyd's List is one of the world's oldest continuously running journals, having provided weekly shipping news in London as early as 1734.
The objective of the role is to successfully manage an existing book of subscription business through regular contact and excellent customer service, to grow the existing revenue through exploring new opportunities within an organisation, to pursue new logo opportunities through marketing and self-generating activity to expand the business in Japan.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing a high-volume book of business, expanding the annual subscription in an effort to increase usage, grow the existing user base, and upsell our services.
- Upon analysing clients' business needs, proposing solutions, product enhancements, and new developments to maintain and grow business through renewals.
- Analysing client usage trends to identify growth and risk areas.
- Scheduling sales activity around new-lead calls, renewal calls, business review calls, product demonstrations, and customer queries.
- Following up on sales enquiries within agreed time frames to open sales opportunities; responding to customer calls regarding a specific set of products and services and identifying upselling opportunities from such calls.
- Conducting phone conversations and online demonstrations to identify and qualify prospective customers and record sales prospecting activity in the Salesforce system.
- Working across Shipping, Commodity, Financial Services and other Commercial clients to integrate Lloyd's List Maritime Intelligence solutions
- Providing customer feedback to Product, Data-content, and Marketing teams to improve products and roll out website localisation.
- Gathering competitive intelligence to uncover potential changes in clients’ business needs; turning client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
- Preparing and submitting accurate weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reporting and forecasting, as well as achieving specific monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas.
- Developing relationships with customers to ensure long-term partnerships.
- Working effectively with Japan sales leader as well as independently.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Prior B2B sales experience in selling intangible products/ service
- A minimum of 2-year work experience in a client facing or analytical role, Maritime, Energy or Financial Services background is preferred but not limited to other sectors.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills.
- Personal Qualities: integrity, confident and positive manner, highly organised, strong multitasker, adaptable, honest, trustworthy, ambitious & resilient.
- Communication & Collaboration: Strong demonstration of teamwork, collaboration and camaraderie working with colleagues and internal senior stakeholders across different departments and divisions globally.
- Fluent in verbal and written business-level Japanese and English, any third language such as Mandarin/Korean is a plus but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce, etc.)
- Knowledge of contracts and proposal process.
- Quick learner of new products and sales approaches.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law. This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.