Audience Acquisition Manager (Digital Marketing)
- 2901 28th St, Santa Monica, CA 90405, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We organize over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa Markets - Engineering is seeking an experienced, creative, and passionate Audience Development Manager to accelerate database and subscriber growth for a portfolio of six B2B media brands serving the advanced design and manufacturing market. We’re looking for a growth guru with a proven track record of setting successful, multichannel acquisition strategies focused on acquiring targeted net new names, nurturing new names for product subscription and engagement, and driving newsletter opt-ins from our existing database.
Candidates must have a strong background in digital marketing—such as paid social, paid search, retargeting, SEO—but also be able to identify and execute on audience acquisition opportunities outside of digital channels, including partnerships, barters, list acquisition, telemarketing, and the like, where appropriate. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can hit the ground running and will leave no stone unturned when it comes to delivering on KPIs. This individual will have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and can lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
Develop data-driven audience growth strategies that leverage both paid and organic acquisition channels, working with key stakeholders on defining priority channels, partners, and target audiences to drive database and subscriber growth
Set and track key performance metrics that align with business objectives; present and communicate progress against KPIs to key stakeholders on a regular basis
Design and execute on multichannel audience acquisition, re-engagement, and nurture campaigns
Craft compelling copy and on-brand messaging optimized for each channel that resonate with our communities and yield desired results
Analyze campaign performance and deliver actionable insights and recommendations to improve future performance, efficiency, and spend
Track progress and drive continuous improvement to acquisition funnels via analysis and optimization; identify and validate improvements through research and various testing methodologies (e.g. user, A/B)
Collaborate with colleagues to define and develop audience personas for prospecting and targeting key customer segments
Analyze our existing audience database, develop creative reengagement programs, and study the tactics of competitors and companies in our fields successfully engaging with similar audiences
Identify and execute on prospective non-digital opportunities for growth, including partner or vendor identification, outreach, and relationship management. Opportunities may include collaborations, barters, swaps, exchanges, rentals, telemarketing, etc.
Work with editorial team to develop and manage SEO strategy for long-term growth
Manage established budget, work with the central Demand Generation team on establishing lifetime value, cost per acquisition, and other metrics to ensure we’re getting the most bang for our buck
Other related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Development, Analytics, a related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years’ experience in audience acquisition, development, or growth roles with a heavy focus on digital
- Proven track record of using both paid digital media (paid search, paid social, etc.) and organic channels to drive audience acquisition and subscriber/database growth
- Proficiency with paid digital platforms and related marketing tracking and measurement tools (e.g., Google campaign Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.) as well as web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics
- Ability to craft compelling copy and clear, on-brand messaging
- Experience working for a media outlet/publisher or subscription-focused business highly preferred
- Expertise in SEO
- Basic MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Experience with Marketing Automation platforms desirable (e.g. Eloqua, Pardot, MailChimp)
- Creative expertise (e.g. Photoshop, Canva, etc.) a major plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skill, masterful multitasking abilities, and a self-directed work ethic
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.