- Outer Ring Rd, Muthyala Nagar, Gokula Extension, Mathikere, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis is one of the world’s largest publishers of high-quality, peer reviewed scholarly journals, books, e-books and reference works. For more than 200 years we’ve been on a mission to protect and harness the transformative power of knowledge. We partner with world-class scientists, researchers, scholars and other professionals to challenge and substantiate their ideas and connect them with those who need them. We curate the books, journals and digital content that lead to modern advances in Humanities, Science, Technology and Medicine.
We are looking for a Solution Analyst to join our team and you’ll have an incredible opportunity to build a career within a start-up-like environment whilst helping researchers expand the reaches of human knowledge
The Solution Architecture team is a rapidly growing team which is engaged in delivering on an enterprise-wide solutions, the Solution Analyst’s role is a key part to the delivery. You will be paired with a solution architect and report into the Lead Solution Architect. While it'd be advantageous to have research or publishing experience, it's not mandatorily.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with Product & Business stakeholders to define and deliver requirements for platform updates and improvements.
- Identify architecturally significant aspects of the initiative and provide advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical debt.
- The jobholder will develop a deep understanding of the digital platforms and products and will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding Platform functionality, workflows and data.
- We are looking for someone who has hands-on requirements gathering experience with a proven knowledge of digital technology, who can also work with our development teams to craft effective and efficient solutions.
- Collecting, analysing, and documenting business, functional, and data requirements in a structured manner and involving vital partners, to define strong acceptance criteria for results.
- Converting requirements into solution designs working along with an architect.
- Helping support Product Owners define user journeys and system functionalities.
- Developing a good working rapport with partners and communicate in an appropriate format to ensure that they have the required level of information for decision making.
- Min. 4 years’ experience of working as a Business Analyst.
- Experience using a wide range of techniques for eliciting and documenting requirements and solutions.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, including experience of working and negotiating with senior stakeholders.
- The proven ability to deliver to results-oriented deadlines across multiple work streams.
- Ability to connect well with non-technical users and developers alike.
- Previous experience of working in a digital publishing environment, ideally in academic publishing, would be desirable; as would knowledge of XML and/ or experience of working with User Stories.
- Relevant Business Analysis qualifications.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Adaptable; responding quickly to change
- A collaborative approach to analysis and identifying solutions
- 24 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexi working time
- Right tools for remote working