Conference & Content Editor - Vitafoods
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
- Employees can work remotely
We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
As a Conference & Content Editor, you will be a key member of the Vitafoods content team, which includes the Vitafoods Europe, Vitafoods Asia, Vitafoods Insights and Vitafoods Connect brands. You will be responsible for ensuring the development and continuation of high-quality, relevant and consistent editorial, video, podcast, conference and social media content that aligns with the Vitafoods brand mission.
To achieve this, you will develop high-level relationships with professionals across the global health and nutrition industry, with a focus on the nutraceutical, food supplement and functional food areas. Goals will include expanding the audience for Vitafoods content and increasing the engagement level of our audience and the quality of the content produced.
Essential duties and responsibilities for conference & content editors are outlined below; some responsibilities will be assigned to specific members of the content team, based on their areas of interest and expertise.
- Conduct ongoing research about industry trends and macro forces, identifying whitespace opportunities, strategic positioning and potential contributors, and sharing regularly with full content team
- Active engagement with industry stakeholders and associations, helping to find and manage new contributors, actively filling the pipeline for content assets
- Develop online/in-person conference programming for Vitafoods, including:
- Building the programme scope
- Sourcing/managing speakers
- Identifying content leverage opportunities
- Presenting, hosting and/or moderating
- Develop, edit and publish no fewer than 8 assets (i.e., podcasts, articles, infographics, galleries, etc.) per month, selecting art and related media, and optimising for SEO and SEM
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and operations teams on evolution of content-centric features around live events and digital strategies
- Travel for industry events, as needed
- Comfortable with multi-tasking of priorities and ability to act autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with search engine optimisation principles and techniques
- Ability to speak/present in different venues, including large-scale events, small group settings and online platforms
- Background/experience in nutrition field
- Experience with digital publishing and event platforms
- Additional languages
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.