Business Development Manager (Japan)
- 9th Fl. JHV Bldg. 1-54-4 Kanda-Jinbocho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
Advert. closing date: Nov. 13th 2021
What you'll be doing:
Your job responsibilities may include the following but not limited to:
- Identify future business opportunities for our continuous revenue growth
- Work collaboratively across the organisation to establish a consensus, data-supported view of priority goals and their correlation to increase our business value in longer term
- Conduct market research and gain insights through customers, editorial and sales feedback channels.
- Provide competitor analysis and research by market segment.
- Build relationships with potential customer groups within government and funding agencies
- Set strategic plans focusing on goals and delivering key business results
- Drive product and services communication to staff and customers
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of business development and project management capabilities.
- An analytical mind in financial forecasts, market & customer data, business intelligence, marketing plans etc.
- Ability to synthesise and correlate complex information and multiple data points into clear actionable business insights
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Japanese and English
- Knowledge of software including Microsoft office, SalesForce.com, CRM etc
- Experience in academic publishing preferred
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in Tokyo, Japan
- This role is based in Tokyo, Japan
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across Tokyo. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.