- Grassmere Park, Nashville, TN 37211, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Informa Financial Intelligence provides actionable insight to help our customers make smarter decisions. We provide fund and wealth managers, traders, insurers, analysts, and investment and retail bankers with the intelligent advantage to make informed decisions, understand past trends, forecast future performance, drive profitability, and increase returns. The world’s top global financial institutions look to Informa Financial Intelligence for our authority, precision and forward-focused analysis. We’re the world’s leading provider of fund management, wealth management, investment banking and retail banking market intelligence and competitive research
The Software Developer will be responsible for code and/or asset management, conversion, verification, and maintenance. Responsible for providing technical direction to other programming team members as a lead programmer on new projects. Works with manager or senior team members to create and maintain technical specifications, designs, and schedules. Implements significant portions of code, ensuring established standards of quality for documentation and coding. Fosters teamwork and requires little direction from manager and/or senior team members. Able to anticipate and resolve issues and problems that arise, suggesting alternative approaches and solutions.
- Support software design process based on functional requirements
- Provide input and recommendations for ongoing design processes
- Design, develop, implement new software or modifications to existing software
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs in existing software, design and release fixes
- Lead the creation and maintenance of documentation
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related engineering degree and 3+ years of experience in creating and maintaining software system is required.
- Knowledge of current software design practices, including modularity, event-driven architecture, object-oriented design, interface design, localization, portability, extensibility, and testability.
- Excellent knowledge of Internet technologies, communication protocols, languages and current client-side and back-end frameworks.
- Familiar with database methodologies and database systems, knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of C# and .NET framework.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy Server.
- Good project planning and estimating skills; able to keep project moving through daily obstacles, and asks for additional assistance when appropriate.
- Self-motivated; works with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiastic about company and programming company products.
- Strong software design skills.
- Writes clear, maintainable, well-documented, portable code.
- Recognizes problems and helps the group adapt to changing conditions.
- Good communication skills.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.