HR Data and Reporting Manager
- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100. We operate in more than 30 countries and employ over 11,000 people globally.
Informa’s leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
This role is based in our Colchester office a couple of days a week and the rest from home.
The HR Data & Reporting Manager is a key role within our Reward, Benefits & HRMI team to manage the maintenance and provision of organisation and people data for Informa, delivering timely, accurate and relevant management information.
As the Manager of HR Data and Reporting, you will define strategies to ensure HR data governance across global HR systems throughout the data lifecycle and deliver solutions ranging from large scale predictive workforce analytics to sophisticated on-demand services and dashboards.
You will closely partner with leaders from across the enterprise to understand customer needs, prioritize capabilities, build a platform roadmap, coordinate delivery of these capabilities, and then drive adoption of them.
Ensuring a comprehensive reporting and analytics service is important, developed in line with the HR systems roadmap. It is essential to develop meaningful insights and progressive decision support materials for people decisions.
In this role, you will also lead, mentor, and develop the MI team colleagues who are designing, testing and building the tools and processes to help HR successfully partner with business leaders.
This role needs someone who can think strategically as well as roll up their sleeves, lead by example, and dive deep into the practical application of solutions. The role requires an individual that has the thought processes move our people MI data into the delivery of key people data insights.
Continuous improvement is important in this team; challenging the way we do things to look for ways to work more efficiently. Our aim is to standardise, simplify & automate processes to deliver a high quality, valued service.
The HR Data & Reporting Manager is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Create and develop the people data capability including building internal HR data capability & ability to self-serve on core HR systems
- Manage the provision of HR management information, including developing and administering standard HR reports, providing services for ad hoc reporting, and driving the development of organisation and people dashboard reporting for Informa
- Design and deliver a suite of monthly HR reports and dashboards to meet internal client deadlines
- Build and deliver HR analytics capabilities within the MI team to ensure provision of data insights for the business to support organisation and people planning
- Support HR colleagues in understanding and getting the most out of HR metrics.
- Lead regular data audits and review data management practices to ensure the HR data integrity
- Manage relevant legislative reporting, working with HR partners including Global and Divisional Reward teams as needed. Eg. REMCO; Gender Pay Gap; Hampton Alexander reporting
- Ensure an appropriate governance framework is in place for the management of reporting and analytics deliverables
- Drive the development and application of consistent organisation and people data definitions, working with colleagues across Business Services, HR and the wider business to ensure meaningful definitions are in place and maintained
- Partner with colleagues in Business Services and elsewhere to provide joined up reporting and analytics to business leaders
- Put in place an effective change control process to manage the ongoing development of HR reporting requirements in response to business needs
- Ensure accurate documentation and process manuals are designed and maintained for all HR reporting processes
- Ensure the effective training of HR staff and business users on technology enabled new reporting processes and functionality
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in respect of HR data,
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws, bringing best practice into the organisation.
- Represent the HRMI Team on the HR system governance group
- Oversee the management of the e-days absence platform including any system enhancements and ticket resolutions process
- Management of HRMI team based in Colchester
- Act as a member of the Global Reward Leadership Team
Skills & Abilities
- Experienced HR systems specialist, with hands on knowledge of major HR technologies, ideally including SAP, Oracle and other cloud-based solutions.
- Highly skilled in the development and use of human capital metrics for business decision making, with excellent diagnostic and data visualisation skills including provision of relevant business insights
- Ability to engage with technical specialists and partner with them as a functional expert, with the skills to translate technical language back to HR colleagues.
- Project management and internal consulting skills underpinned by strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong people management, team working, problem solving and decision-making skills..
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with diverse teams; both culturally and geographically.
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organisation. Able to listen, adapt, influence, negotiate and persuade others.
- Strong business acumen and willingness to take the initiative, to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of MS Excel, and other Microsoft packages.
- Expert knowledge of reporting solutions, business intelligence tools/ technologies particularly Power BI
- A sound understanding of contemporary HR best practices. Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy.
- Detailed knowledge of data protection laws and regulations & how these apply globally to HR Data.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.