Content Producer - Lloyd's Maritime Academy
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
We have a vacancy for a Senior Programme Developer to become an integral part of our training and education team and be responsible for developing the curriculum of our public digital learning course portfolio.
Applicants will ideally be experienced course producers/authors with a good grounding in production methodology and processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for the research and development of commercially successful digital learning courses for the maritime sector, at a range of levels from professional development to academic postgraduate. This is a highly responsible and challenging position, working to tight deadlines and targets, with great rewards and career development opportunities.
Key qualities and skills required for the position:
- Proven research skills using a variety of primary and secondary information sources to analyse education and training needs
- Proven instructional and programme design expertise to structure an online course, develop learning outcomes and the syllabus in conjunction with identified subject matter experts.
- Ability to create work schedules and manage and prioritise multiple tasks, roles and priorities simultaneously
- A talent for creating clear structure and logical flow when writing and evaluating syllabuses and course content
- An eye for detail when copy editing, reviewing and formatting training materials written by expert authors
- Exceptional writing skills combining clarity, accuracy and creativity
- Strong commercial awareness
- Subject knowledge in maritime subjects highly beneficial
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and motivate colleagues, associates and clients on all levels
- Candidates will preferably be degree educated, or equivalent, with an excellent academic track record
Overview of the role:
- Analysis of trends and developments impacting the sector that can be converted into digital learning course topics
- Identifying and prioritising topics for digital learning course development
- Assessing the commercial feasibility of topics and conducting in-depth market research with key industry stakeholders and potential learners
- Conceptualisation and design of compelling digital learning programmes, through desk research and phone and face to face meetings with industry specialists
- Writing, editing and presenting course information in clear and simple English and to fit with the agreed style, making sure the information is organised effectively
- Clearly articulate course objectives and expectations
- Building a strong network of industry alliances to stay abreast of developments and make contact with potential course faculty
- Manages partnerships effectively to grow the portfolio with those partners
- Identifying and contracting authors to produce programme content
- Working closely with instructional design team in designing appropriate format and interactivity for courses
- Working closely with the marketing and sales department to coordinate the marketing, communications and sales plan for courses
The position reports to Ted Bailey, Head of Digital Learning, Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and is based at our 240 Blackfriars Road office in London. The role is a permanent full-time position.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.