Marketing Manager - Sub-Saharan Africa, Journals Marketing
- 1, Jai Singh Marg, Police Colony, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
The Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for developing and managing the regional marketing strategy in the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) region supporting the overall commercial revenue target of Journals and Researcher services. Your primary responsibility is to protect and grow our Open Research/Open Science revenue in the sub Saharan Africa region and to be an advocate for Taylor & Francis Group’s expanding Open Research programs and initiatives. The role reports to Marketing Head and will work across teams to drive go to market strategy and implementation.
- Driving Open Research Revenue through engagement with key prospects within the SSA market
- Responsible for marketing Journals by planning and implementing effective marketing strategies with the aim of achieving authorship goals and contributing to a profitable, commercial business in Sub-Saharan Africa Region.
- Drive marketing activities to drive our penetration in Sub Saharan Africa regions across journals, and other research solutions.
- Building relationships with key institutions, funders, and research centers to build protect revenue with a specific focus on new business
- Engaging with stakeholders externally to promote Taylor & Francis Group’s position in the Open Research community through conferences and presentation opportunities, supporting colleagues internally with Open Research expertise across the business
- Conceptualize & curate workshops, talks, webinars and other researcher engagement tactics
- Develop effective data analyses and messaging best practice to identify, segment, inform and attract the high impact researchers.
- Aim to understand the needs of researchers, and opportunities, to develop profitable revenue streams for the organization.
- Produce marketing activity and analysis reports for senior management; make recommendations to senior management for improvements to regional growth objectives
- Engage with internal stakeholders within team, across various departments to drive seamless marketing management and be a spokesperson of SSA region.
- MBA or equivalent professional qualification
- Experience in Africa region
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advance digital marketing expertise
- Analytical mindset, data driven decisions
- Internal and external stake holder management by developing strong relationships
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness – including the competitive environment and market trends.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- 30 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependents; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexible working time
- Right tools for remote working
You must have the right to work and live in India. This role is based at our India - New Delhi office or may be remote
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified