Sr. Quality Engineer - Data Validation
- Marathahalli - Sarjapur Outer Ring Rd, Chandra Layout, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About Taylor & Francis
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Sr. Quality Engineer – Data Validation
We are looking to add a Sr. Quality Engineer – Data Validation, to our technology team in Bengaluru, India who will play a primary role in assessing the quality of Data in our analytics platform on AWS cloud through automated testing.You will be responsible for creating automated data validation scripts and data validation pipelines to test ETL data pipelines and report bugs or glitches. This position requires hands-on Quality Engineering and Assurance expertise in data engineering domain.
What you’ll be doing:
· Working alongside with a team comprising of super excited data and quality engineering experts, leads, analysts and managers.
· Working with large and complex data sets (SQL and No-SQL), data lakes (S3) and data warehouses (Redshift).
· Test Automation - Build automated data validation scripts to test the quality of data in data lake (S3) and data warehouses (Redshift)
· Testing ETL data pipelines on AWS, in adherence to the reference design and architecture
· Uncover defects, report them and track them to closure
· Contribute to automated data pipelines by plugging in data validation scripts
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or in another quantitative fields
· 4-6 years of experience in Quality Engineering and Automated testing
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Data Engineering/Data Analytics domain
· Experience in ETL testing of Data Pipelines and Data Warehouse
· Experience in automated testing of AWS cloud-based solutions
· Good Programming skills and coding knowledge (Python preferred)
· Good knowledge in SQL
· Build automation processes and contribute to manual testing on demand
· Prepare result reports, defect status reports and document all bug issues
· Good understanding of Data Analytics and Quality Engineering concepts
· Nice to have experience in Athena, Glue. Experience in Redshift will be an added advantage
· Knowledge/exposure to all aspects of Agile methodologies
· Positive attitude with the ability to self-drive and self-motivate; ability to flex and adapt to sudden changes