Product Manager - Media & Entertainment
- 2301 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Media & Entertainment pillar of Informa Tech brings together exciting brands across the event, research and media landscape, covering the technology and companies touching our lives as consumers every day. Our Game Developer Conference (GDC) reaches over 29,000 industry professionals dedicated to the art and science of making games. Our media brands, including Digital TV Europe, Television Business International and Gamasutra reach hundreds of thousands through high quality content and news from our editorial team. On the research side, Omdia’s expert analysts continue decades-long coverage of the TV, online video, cinema, advertising, games, music, addressable consumer devices and media delivery industry through detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis.
The product manager will work with the product management director to enhance current products and expand into new coverage areas. This individual will work closely with customers as well as Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Content, as well as with colleagues outside of the pillar to optimize our portfolio and grow our audience in years to come.
The Product Manager will understand the key audience and client personas and be responsible for designing products and experiences that are valuable to these personas and profitable to the business. Working closely with the pillar product management lead and other functional teams, become responsible for a segment of pillar products across the full spectrum of product lifecycle (market opportunity, product design, deliver/enhancements, execution). Foster a customer-centric, data-driven, fast-paced, agile, iterative, test and learn culture.
The Product Manager – Media & Entertainment Pillar is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Product Roadmap and KPIs
- Key support function on product strategy, GTM strategy and trainings for internal stakeholders
- Key support function for win-loss analysis and competitive analysis
- Sales enabling tools for the pillar (collateral, brochure, introduction material, data/analysis samples)
- Understands and represents persona needs
- Monitors the market and competitor landscape
- Leads product design, define user journeys and defines KPIs to measure success
- Develops the business case for new products and improvements to existing products
- Works closely with data and analytics to ensure decisions are data-driven and performance is monitored
- Works with marketing and sales to ensure tight alignment between the products that are developed and how they are sold and marketed
- Works with marketing to develop the core positioning and messaging
- Works with content, marketing, sales and operations to ensure revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met
- 4-8 years of proven experience within product management, product marketing, or business strategy in industries pertaining to market intelligence, events, games or media & entertainment. Strong preference given to candidates with product experience in media publications.
- Ability to acquire domain expertise of markets, products and personas
- Commercial expertise – competence in financial modelling, analytics and marketing
- Is externally focused, and able to demonstrate knowledge of the external market and competitor landscape.
- Strong in building relationships internally and externally, partnering with colleagues to build and develop product vision
- Able to work independently with limited supervision and to adapt quick to new environment
- Fluent in English both written and oral with strong analytical skills
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.