Principal Consultant, Enterprise IT
- 2301 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Informa Tech, we believe that technology innovation is key to driving positive change in our society. We believe that digital inclusion underpins progress. And we believe that diversity in tech is central to a thriving industry.
Our aim is to inspire the global technology community to build a better world by informing, educating and connecting them through world-class research, training, events, and media.
We sit at the heart of the tech community with specialisms in emerging tech/AI, enterprise IT, cyber security, service providers/NextG, critical communications, media & entertainment and marketing technology.
Leveraging over 100 trusted brands, we offer an unrivalled global networking community and platform for technologists and innovators to be inspired and reach their full potential.
(Join us and reach yours!)
The Principal Consultant role is responsible for selling and delivering custom market research and marketing services to Enterprise IT clients, supporting the achievement of the consulting revenue target. Working on some of the most exciting projects in the market through our blue-chip client list, the successful candidate will play a key role in strengthening existing customer relationships – as well as developing new ones.
The Enterprise IT consulting team provide a range of custom research services which includes total addressable market analysis, competitor analysis, customer insights, product benchmarking and business strategy development. We also provide targeted custom marketing services which help our clients position themselves for growth, through the design and delivery of messaging strategies, the production of thought leadership white papers, case studies and public speaking, and the provision of audience extension and message amplification capabilities from across the Informa Tech brands
What you will produce
- Commercial: Commercially strong, profitable, compelling proposals
- Delivery: Client deliverables that meet the project objectives
Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
The Principal Consultant is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Manage custom research deliverables, delivering projects to client satisfaction
- Good knowledge of the market
- Achieve individual consulting billable utilization targets
- Managing projects through a distributed team of industry analysts and consultants to ensure that they have clear objectives and project plans, and that the team collaborates well.
- Project management skills – awareness of budget, timeline and program delivery management.
- Work closely with the Sales Organization to develop new business.
- Bid management: manage the proposal and bid stages of all custom projects
- Where necessary, manage third party sub-contractors, for example for primary research delivery
- Building a compelling consulting proposition that builds on Informa Tech’s reputation as a “industry thought leader”.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders from across the Informa Tech brands to support the evolution and delivery of the marketing services proposition
- Working with the consulting team to implement the group and regional growth strategy
- Consulting & Custom Solutions – team leadership, project escalation, commercial, resourcing and project design.
- Brand & Demand and Intel & Advice Account Management – solution lead, sales pitch and bid management
- Team – commercial, project and ways of working updates, support and development
- Analysts & Content – project sale and delivery
- Prior experience as an industry analyst or market research consultant
- Prior experience working in the Cloud & Data Center, Digital Workplace, Enterprise Technologies and/or Financial Services technologies market areas is a plus
- Experience working with end-user primary research
- Experience of working with senior internal management in budget and objective setting for custom research practice
- Ability to work with multiple/varied stakeholders
- Experience of working closely with sales teams and training them in consulting sales
- Excellent and proven client management skills
- Experience in running multiple consulting projects at any given time
- Experience in running a large-scale (>$100,000) projects delivery
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritizes promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.