HR Shared Services Specialist - 4 Month Assignment
- 22701 W 68th Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66227, USA
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group. Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
For more information: https://www.informa.com/about-us/
The HR Shared Services Specialist is responsible for delivering HR operational support and administration services to our US Colleagues. The role is expected to provide an excellent colleague experience through resolving queries, maintaining data in SAP/Oracle and other HR and Payroll related systems.
This temporary role offers the opportunity to work among an engaging group of individuals that collaborate to improve company processes, while supporting one another’s career goals. This is a relational role that is expected to establish effective relationships with the HRIS Team, Payroll, Benefits, HR Business Partners, and Management.
- Provides first point of contact and excellent customer service to all colleagues, management, and HR Business Partners
- Resolution of colleague inquiries, creating the necessary paperwork for processing and/or entering changes (personal data, job information, reporting line changes, compensation changes, etc.) into the HR Systems e.g. ADP, Oracle and SAP
- Facilitate the hiring and onboarding processes, leave management, and leave processes by submitting necessary paperwork and/or entering accurate information into SAP and Oracle
- Manages the life cycle of a colleague through onboarding, employment (including processing changes and answering questions), and the leaver process
- Support colleagues and management by assisting with timecard corrections, approving time off, helping with the time keeping process and answering queries about time off polices
- Facilitates the HR On-boarding process from
- Trouble-shoot HR Systems, policy and process questions from colleagues seeking appropriate solutions
- Manage the I-9 verification process for colleagues to ensure documents are entered in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with US Employment Laws
- Coordinate the payroll process by submitting and/or entering relevant and accurate information for payroll (reviewing submitted changes, reviewing timesheets) ensuring appropriate and auditable documentation is in place
- Assists benefits team with general benefits and 401K questions.
- Supports business with projects, data entry and other tasks as needed
- Collaborate with other HR Shared Services team members to streamline processes, manage workload, help grow each other’s career in opportunistic environment
- Performs other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- 4-year degree in human resources or business management preferred
- General familiarity in HR functions with preference given to candidates possessing 1-2 years of related experience, or equivalent skills
- Basic knowledge of payroll and benefits administration
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of ADP, Oracle HR, and SAP HR is a plus
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.