Credit Control Specialist
- Sheepen Pl, Colchester CO3, UK
Informa is a leading business intelligence, events, and academic publishing business operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy.
Our leading brands and expert teams create intelligence-based products and data-driven services, convene communities in person and digitally and provide access to cutting-edge research for customers working in specialist markets, worldwide.
We are listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100, operating in more than 30 countries and employing over 11,000 people globally.
The purpose of the role is to collect all monies owing to Informa within collections policies and procedures to ensure that collection targets are met and to also collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts.
You must be able to maintain a caring, efficient, knowledgeable and effective interface with customers and colleagues at all times, resolve customer queries and collect payments within credit terms whilst maintaining and enhancing hard won customer relationships.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Credit Control Specialist is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Ensuring customer portal is highlighted to customers when contacted
• Responsible for collecting all monies owing to Informa within credit control policies and procedures to ensure
that collection targets are met
• Collect monies owing from customers who have exceeded credit limits or terms to minimise bad debts
• Build close internal and external relationships with Sales and customers
• Responsible for ensuring all customer contact notes are entered and updated into SAP or appropriate system
• Manage the outstanding sales balances falling due and contact customers to obtain payment before the event start date if applicable to your division
• To resolve queries in a timely fashion and collect aged debt with a view to minimising bad debt provision
• Manage simple disputes and escalate complex disputes to the Team Leader
• To achieve the monthly cash collection targets set for your specific section of accounts
• Responsible for looking after any unallocated cash items sitting on your set of accounts and work with the Cash Application team to have the monies applied if you are able to gain the appropriate back up from the customer.
• Responsible for providing weekly reports to the Business detailing current levels of debt if applicable for your division
• Provide/complete necessary documentation to customers to ensure the payment can be processed (vendor request forms, W9, W8, residency forms, tax exempt certificates, withholding tax certificates, etc.)
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday and another for raising money for charity!
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, mentoring and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take 4 days off per year to volunteer with an approved scheme
- Modern office in a central location
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.