Reviewer Selection Editor
- 1, Jai Singh Marg, Police Colony, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001, India
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
Position available for a Reviewer Selection Editor, Journals Peer Review, Taylor & Francis Group, New Delhi.
Taylor & Francis is looking for an ambitious publishing professional to join our team supporting the peer review process for journals. We seek highly motivated applicants who enjoy keeping up to date with the latest in biomedical research, are detail-oriented, have great customer service skills and enjoy working as part a team.
As a Reviewer Selection Editor, you will be accountable for efficient peer review processes using online submission and peer-review tracking systems. Using tools such as PubMed Central to research international experts suitable to act as peer reviewers for cutting-edge biomedical research. Reporting to the Reviewer Selection Lead, the successful candidate will join a team of Reviewer Selection Editors.
What you will be doing:
Managing the peer review process to agreed speed and quality targets for a set of open access journals
Using internal and external databases to research and select appropriate reviewers
Staying up to date with internal and external guidelines on ethical publication practices
Corresponding with reviewers regarding deadlines and standard queries
Conducting data analysis, recognizing process improvement opportunities, and making recommendations
Assessing articles as required for image quality and identifying any related concerns
Maintaining accurate records and updating content management systems
Daily liaison with our internationally-based editorial teams
Managing external stakeholders’ expectations
Providing excellent and empathic customer service
Actively collaborating on department projects as required
- A post-graduate qualification in biomedical sciences
- Knowledge and understanding of the journals peer review process
- An interest and awareness of academic publishing, and an up-to-date knowledge of market trends
- A strong command of English spelling and grammar
- Knowledge and experience of process-driven workflows
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Ability to be detail-oriented, accurate, and a problem-solver
- Excellent organization skills and confidence in completing multiple tasks to deadlines
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities
- Good persuasion and influencing skills, showing empathy for others’ viewpoints
- Flexibility to adjust to change in work plans or assignments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
Some experience with online submission platforms like ScholarOne™ or Editorial Manager® would be advantageous, although full training is available.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
What we offer in return:
- 30 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependents; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexible working time
- Right tools for remote working
You must have the right to work and live in India.
This role is based at our India - New Delhi office or may be remote.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.