Assistant Accountant (6 month contract)
- 5 Exchange Square, Manchester, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The Assistant Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
Prepare, reconcile and analyse where appropriate aspects of the monthly Management Accounts for specific product areas; this may cover multiple divisions. Reconcile revenue to information and explanations from the business and between the accounting system and SAP system
Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock) Understand and apply within working practices the key drivers that impact the monthly Management Accounting reports
Assist in the production of financial analysis
Royalty, profit share and commission calculations
Calculate bad debt provisions, accruals and prepayments
Analyse and solve ad hoc problems using your knowledge of the business and the systems
Assist with ad hoc duties as needed, including covering workload in other teams
Calculate bonus/commissions provisions
Process intercompany transactions
Checking sub ledgers from internal departments
Liaise with Finance Operations and Cash Operations for reconciliation queries
Perform reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
Publish financial results in the relevant finance system
Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSC
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
- Must be currently studying AAT or keen to start the ACCA (if they qualify through exemptions from their studies.)
- Has a good understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Able to work independently and work towards hitting deadlines and priorities.
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
Skills & Abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Able to build relationships with stakeholders within and outside of the organisation.
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to be flexible within role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organised, diligent with attention to detail
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.