Corporate Development Manager
- 5 Howick Pl, London SW1P 1DE, UK
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The role of Corporate Development Manager, reports to the Director of Corporate Development. The main objective of the role is to provide support for a wide range of corporate activity including; acquisitions, disposals, partnerships and deal origination and integration undertaken by the Group.
In addition to managing the roles above, the Corporate Development Manager is expected to assume the following key responsibilities:
- Assist the divisions through the full business development cycle, from identifying targets that fit strategy
- Develop and maintain the pipeline of opportunities
- Work effectively with divisions to develop, nurture and refine development opportunities
Provide Transaction Support to the Corporate Development Director on acquisition and disposal prospects
- Review, analyse and assess acquisition and disposal opportunities, including producing and reviewing financial models, acquisition rationale documentation and offer letters
- Liaise with business unit and/or shared service centre management in leading and conducting financial, commercial, legal and tax due diligence on approved transactions
- Manage transaction processes (internally and externally) through due diligence to close
- Support in pre-acquisition integration planning
Post-Acquisition Integration, review and reporting
- Facilitate post acquisition financial and non-financial performance assessment and reporting to ensure synergies/value enhancement targeted pre-completion are delivered post acquisition
- Liaise with business units and all relevant group functions to prepare and maintain post completion checklists for each acquisition
- Assist the Corporate Development Director in the preparation of relevant data for Board reports
- Deliver ad hoc analysis and reviews of a varied nature as required at Group and divisional level
- Liaise with Group Legal, Group Tax and Group Finance departments and external professional advisors as required
- Previous experience of working within a Corporate Development function and/or investment bank
- Experience of working for a media organisation desirable
- Flexible and comfortable in a continuously changing, growing environment
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Results and achievement oriented to high standards - pays attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi task and prioritise work load
- Fast and responsive - working to tight deadlines
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to all levels including Senior Management Team members
- Team player, maintaining close working relationships with relevant colleagues of the business in order to achieve objectives
- Highly analytical with strong numeration skills
- IT confident with excellent spreadsheet and financial modelling skills
- Ability to listen and willingness to take on new ideas
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.