Accountant - Tax & Financial Accounting (6 month contract)
- 240 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8NW, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
We’re the specialist’s specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands, we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
The Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Prepare and submit VAT returns to a high standard in line with timetable, this includes both UK and overseas VAT returns
- Prepare and submit EC Sales lists
- Ensure all relevant queries are followed up in a timely manner
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard and to deadline
- Prepare annual PSA return
- Prepare and review total tax contributions for direct and indirect taxes
- Assist with the preparation and submission of corporation tax and withholding tax returns
- Complete detailed analysis of general ledger codes for use in the tax returns
- Assist with obtaining certificates of residence from tax authorities
- Prepare draft statutory accounts with clear and concise working files
- Assist with the iXBRL tagging of the statutory accounts
- Assist with posting, reporting and any other work associated with dormant and non-trading entities
- Prepare and review National Statistic returns
- Assist with the review of Assistant Accountants work as required
- Assist with the daily and monthly treasury back office processes
- Assist with monitoring team inboxes and responding on a timely basis including adhoc VAT, financial compliance and withholding tax queries
- Assist with system testing for VAT rule changes and setting up new VAT registrations across the world
- Assist with preparation of information for internal and external stakeholders on an adhoc basis
- Assist with adhoc project work as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong academic background, Accounting degree preferable
- At the latter stages of qualification or ideally newly qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SSC processes and how these fit into the wider environment
- Good understanding of all Tax & Financial Accounting processes including best practice in Tax & Financial Accounting, people, processes and technology
- Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
- Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
- Good presentation skills
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.