Digital Sales Manager – Pharma
- De Entrée 73, Alpha Tower, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Informa PLC is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions. Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
We have five operating divisions has a distinct focus: this role is for Informa Markets where we create global platforms for industries, specialist markets and customers to trade, innovate and grow, delivering over 550 events annually, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions.
Our Guiding Principles: our four guiding principles are a clear statement of what we believe in.
Taken together, they define our goals and provide a focus for all Informa’s activities. The principles give a perspective on our culture and way of working, making the company easier to understand, trust and do business with.
Think big. Act small.
We love ambitious thinking and taking bold options. At the same time, we recognise that success also comes from rolling up our sleeves, sweating the detail and taking personal ownership of the things that matter.
Trust must be earned.
We don’t just say we’re specialists, we live and breathe the subjects we work in and the communities we work with. By getting closer to our customers and partners, and offering support every step of the way, we build trust and the confidence to rely on us to do the right things, in the right way.
Success is a partnership.
We get to better answers by combining skills and talents, joining forces and embracing ideas, wherever they come from. This broadens perspectives, expands horizons, sparks innovation and keeps our thinking fresh.
More freedom. Fewer barriers.
We’re light on our feet. We do things swiftly, flexibly and with as few obstacles as possible. Our colleagues have the freedom and autonomy to think fast, act on opportunities and do what is best and most sustainable for us and our customers.
The Digital Sales Manager, Pharma is tasked with ensuring the commercial success of our Marketing and Media Services: comprising an online directory, marketplace, online events, and hybrid-events for our world-renowned trade shows. We are uniquely positioned to offer highly effective digital solutions to pharma companies thanks to our extensive, worldwide database of over 342,000 pharma professionals.
We are looking for a leader who will develop and execute an effective sales strategy for digital growth, build excellent client relations, lead successful business pitches, and mentor / foster the growth of indirect reports. The role will include product creation, product training, joint client calls/meetings, joint proposal creation and inventory ownership. S/he will need to work across multiple teams; from sales, content, marketing, iJV partners and external vendors. In addition, s/he will have customer success at the center of their daily activity, contributing to the improvement of the customer journey as a simple, seamless process that promotes continued usage.
In this role, you will lead strategic commercial & customer initiatives by:
- Developing the CPhI Marketing and Media Services proposition to ensure it meets customer needs
- Building the Pharma Sales Team’s expertise in Consultative Selling and the most current online marketing trends, becoming a trusted Marketing and Media Services ‘business partner’ to our customers
- In close collaboration with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager, initiating creative and engaging ‘Digital Thought Leadership’ programmes to educate and support our customers on their digital journey and generate leads
- Partnering with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager to launch new digital products to meet customer’s needs
- Driving Awareness and Demand for our products and services through Social Selling, effective communications, best-in-class value propositions, and strong proposal development
- Utilizing Data & Analytics to help us continuously improve
- Deepening our understanding of customer needs through qualitative research, networking, interviews, and strong partnerships with our event sales teams
- Develop digital sales strategy and execute effective sales plans for revenue growth of current client base and new business
- Monitor digital sales targets, provide forecasts, deliver monthly sales reports and develop pipelines
- Align sales activities in collaboration with the Commercial Director to align KPIs and implement sales plans across products
- Prepare and present offers to potential customers
- Lead, coach and build strong strategic partnerships with the Pharma Sales Team, to identify and develop digital opportunities
- Understand digital marketing ‘share of wallet’ – by customer size, market, and region. You know how and when customers budgets are developed, how they define success, how they are organized, and how to capitalize their digital spend with us vs. competitors
- Competitive intelligence and market research – within our industry as well as possible disruptors in the digital space
- Create structured ‘customer success’ approach to develop touchpoints and connections throughout the year
- Sales Management Excellence, understanding key metrics around AOV, Conversion Rates, Pipeline Coverage, and Deal Cycle Time
- 7 years of progressively responsible sales experience. Marketing Agency and/or Online Media experience a must
- Extensive experience in B2B media and digital sales strategy, preferably with international organization and clients
- Strong commercial acumen. Result oriented. Proven track record of delivering strong sales growth, demonstrated ability to manage sales strategy, process and KPIs
- Experience with effectively driving and closing new business opportunities. Proven ability to influence clients and key stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of digital and online products and technology. Strong understanding of digital marketing services landscape and transformation
- Very good understanding of challenges and requirements related to cross-media solutions
- Proven people management skills. Experience managing [in]direct reports. Coaching and mentoring ability
- Advanced spoken, written EN. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Additional languages a plus
- Willingness to travel
- Sound knowledge and experience with CRM software (Salesforce) desirable
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or media management desirable
Qualities needed for culture fit
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team while delivering accurate and on time results
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to interact professionally with people from different cultures and at all levels in the organization